Classic will be a revisionist Vanilla

Swifty, Staysafe, Esfand, and a couple others are all going Alliance.

And if you’re letting streamers dictate how much fun you’re having then you are the one ruining your Classic experience, not them.

4 Likes

I’m going with what I have at hand and experience. You are welcome to prove the opposite that the Horde was somehow just as popular in Vanilla WoW as it is now, since it certainly never felt that way.

Sure there are some streamers who play Alliance but come back to me when Classic releases and analyze the data on the Twitch page of Classic WoW and count the amount of Horde streamers to Alliance streamers. It was mostly all Horde during the beta phase.

1 Like

Esfand, Monkeynews, McConnell, Swifty, Quinn, Madseason, Staysafe, Perplexity…

Just to uh… name a few with some decent followings you might have missed here.

If you’re talking streamers with MASSIVE cult followings and viewers in the tens of thousands, only two streamers for WoW really have that kind of crowd: Asmon and Sodapoppin, who play Alliance and Horde respectively…

Are you REALLY sure they’re all going horde?

Firmly in the meh category for me. Horde dominated (many) pvp servers, my guild was alliance on a pve that was 3 or 4 to 1.

Rolling horde on pvp just means the leveling experience will be similar to a pve server. At least we get cross realm battlegrounds.

I’m 100% positive that most streamers will be Horde. Like I said come back to this thread when Classic WoW releases and analyze the data on the Twitch page for Classic WoW. Count the amount of Horde streamers to Alliance ones.

So wait, your entire complaint is based around speculation around the data of population distribution that we dont even have yet?

What an engaging argument.

2 Likes

This stuff can fairly easily be looked up - Illidan, for example, was almost at a 3:1 ratio for Horde.

PvP servers were largely slanted in the Horde’s favor for population, PvE servers for Alliance. This is not surprising when you look at racials in classic.

I was on a number of different PvP servers and the queue times for Horde were always worse because of the over-saturation. It’s why the GM grind was easier on Alliance, because the queue times were near instant.

My speculation is basing the mass appeal of Horde on retail WoW is going to reflect on Classic WoW. I provided a statistic of why Alliance was actually more popular during Vanilla WoW but it was somehow deemed “statistically irrelevant”. But you can go on and pretend that the Horde won’t be the faction that is mostly played due to its mass appeal on retail WoW and the streamers who play it.

. The Alliance’s polish, coupled with its closer adherence to classic high fantasy experience are just too much to pass up. Plus, they’ll have a monopoly on elves! I don’t think streamer will make up the difference. I wouldn’t mind being pleasantly surprised, though!

In either case, I’m interested to see what happens. I do like following trends like this.

1 Like

There were more servers during Vanilla WoW so the population imbalance of Alliance over Horde could be muddled with servers that were mostly Horde or mostly Alliance. But there are going to be less servers in Classic WoW and you will see the imbalance on them. Horde being the faction of mass appeal in retail WoW is going to reflect itself on Classic WoW.

The mass appeal of Horde on retail WoW is a result of Blizzard’s piss-poor racial balancing going back several years which ended up with all the major PvP and PvE guilds going Horde for the racial advantages offered there and never going back once the racials were nerfed. Classic wont have this problem, and if anything it will be going the opposite way with Alliance being favored.

Again, this entire thread is pre-emptive complaining about data we dont even have yet. Worse, its speculative complaining, because there is every chance you could be wrong.

Come back in 3 months when you have data to back up your arguments.

1 Like

Lol what? There are just as many big streamers playing alliance compared to Horde. Asmongold, Staysafe, Esfand, MadSeason, Swifty, Quin, etc.

Pretty sure no one knew they were adding blood elves in vanilla.

And I actually played nothing but horde (first character was a Tauren warrior) until I came back after a months long hiatus for work, and rolled a single human Paladin.

I only stayed because I made friends and met my future wife, or I probably would have quit WoW all the way back in 2006.

It’s presupposing from data we already have off retail WoW. And from statistics I provided based off a forum post of people looking for former friends they played with on Vanilla WoW. The Alliance one had over 20k more.

I will come back in 3 months and I will guarantee you that I am not wrong.

Retail is an entirely different beast from Classic for reasons I’ve already explained, and the Bnet forums are a tiny, minuscule microcosm of the overall WoW community that is barely representative of the playerbase as whole.

I’d be more than happy to discuss this again when there is actually something to discuss. See you in three months.

Just for future reference, this makes it a little too obvious that you’re trolling. Try to avoid statements like that.

People tend to go where the advantages are. I’m not going to get into a racial imbalance debate for retail, but in Classic horde owned the PvP side and Alliance the PvE. This is why you saw PvE servers with high Alliance pops and PvP servers with high Horde pops. This isn’t going to change, the balance will settle the same way it always does, to wherever the advantages are. At least in Classic, there was a reason to roll either faction, depending on the area of play you prioritized. Now, not so much as certain races really have it all.

They are different games. I think you underestimate the Horde cult and the mass appeal Blizzard has built up for it over the years.

But we will only know once Classic WoW has been out for awhile. I will be shocked if Alliance is more popular on Classic WoW.

Is it most or all, then? You make a pretty definitive blanket statement about streamer factions in your OP, that is absolutely not the truth as several in here have stated, and tbh, it kind of makes it hard to take your entire argument/post seriously.

0/10.

asmon, swifty, esfand, staysafe all going alliance.