Classic Vanilla is not "ending"

thats true. i will give cataclysm (2012) a bit of credit in garnering interest in vanilla and private servers in general

you dont even know me

I could run vanilla dungeons and raids for years with the right group of people. PvP never gets old for me. /shrug

Hopefully there’s at least one forever realm going with a decent population. Im not gonna be putting 40 hours a week into it but Id definitely maintain a sub for a good long while.

6 Likes

Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server as it progresses to the Burning Crusade expansion, with the option to transfer to a Classic server that will never progress past level 60

with that said there needs to be at least 1 eternal server option or even 2 to cater to those whom want to stay in a vanilla version of the game. you can have a seasonal server as well but definitely there needs to be both options.

in turn for TBC to Wrath same options are needed.

1 Like

To be honest i have met a lot of players that prefer TBC over wrath. I myself included. When than time comes i don’t plan to play wrath and will opt out to a TBC eternal server but i have enough foresight to know the 3 iterations of the game need to have their own eternal server option as there is enough support for it, and their respective seasonal servers for each as well.

2 Likes

vanilla private servers have been a thing since 2007 or so, but idiots are still convinced that once TBC launches, literally nobody will ever play vanilla ever again

lol

11 Likes

each of the first 3 versions of the game has enough demand to fuel their own respective eternal server(s) and seasonal server(s).

1 Like

What will happen is your server will become a ghost town after TBC releases.

Then hardcore Vanilla lovers will join fresh Vanilla servers and start the game’s cycle over again.

Your Vanilla server with all of your toons and progress will still be there…there will just be nothing to do or nobody on them.

That wont happen at all because this option is a failsafe

All the vanilla players that want to stay in vanilla will funnel down together to 1 or 2 high population vanilla eternal server.

This completely nullifies your argument. But this would have to be the option blizzard does as it solves that issue.

1 Like

I’m telling you…if they do character copies this will happen.

-Majority goes to TBC.
-Minority goes to fresh cycle Vanilla.
-A very, very small fraction will remain on their original Vanilla servers.

1 Like

no copies… transfers. Transfers of active players whom want to stay in vanilla not copies.

the option is not to create copies is to Transfer your active characters to where you plan to continue playing whether is TBC or vanilla.

Dude, the same outcome is going to happen even if they just do transfers instead of copies…

-Majority transfers to TBC.
-Minority goes to fresh cycle Vanilla.
-A very, very small fraction will remain on their original Vanilla servers.

Your not understanding me it seems. Blizzard will progress all the servers to TBC. Then they will offer transfers downward to a classic vanilla non progression server. They wont make 39 more classic servers they will offer maybe one or two. So all those small fraction of players across the 39 NA servers will all funnel into one or two servers thus creating a large server. Do you understand?

Im not even contesting that majority want TBC. Heck i want TBC from day 1 classic vanilla but i have the foresight to know what is needed to do. Classic wow has 3 major supporters, Vanilla , TBC and wrath players. Each version needs at least 1 eternal server option and there is more than enough player base for it.

BEST WAY TO SORT EACH IS

Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server as it progresses to the XVERSION expansion, with the option to transfer to a Classic server that will never progress past level XX

You can do this for vanilla/TBC , TBC/WRATH , WRATH /CATA or whatever else is a demand for

No. We’re convinced only like 10% of the population will continue in classic. I’m a pserver player. The ONLY reason tbc pservers arent as popular as vanilla ones is the scripting. Vanilla pservers were done better. I can’t wait to see your surprised pikachu when you play on a dead perma classic server because the majority of us are in outland.

2 Likes

meanwhile, i’ll be blissfully playing classic tbc (provided they release it) because its my favorite iteration of wow. i’ll be sad when classic wotlk arrives, if it does (and it likely will), but will have relived the awesome that was tbc again. wotlk wasnt bad, i just didnt like it as much as tbc.

1 Like

why the hate bro?.. There is enough for a classic vanilla eternal server or two they just have to funnel all the people with transfers when TBC rolls out. most people including me want TBC. But i dont want to lose TBC to wrath and this option allows for players to stay where they want to stay.

2 Likes

What hate? Did you read what he said? There is zero hate from me. Just logic. Where did i state there won’t be permanent classic servers. I have said there will be a thousand times already.

I dont want to play wrath i am hardcore TBC. Which is why eternal servers are needed. To cater to the player base whom want to play their favorite version. Mines is TBC.

1 Like

If they allow all the vanilla players to transfer to 1 or 2 eternal vanilla servers those servers wont be dead.

same goes in the future when they want to release Wrath. ( i dont want to play wrath) i will take my eternal TBC server option thank you.

1 Like

also, the playerbase isnt stagnant. new players join all the time, and old players leave

1 Like