Classic Update - March 1

I was just posting about that!

Thank you for the carefully worded update, I see what youre getting at. Bye.

Apologies if this has been asked and I missed it, but will we be able to download the client before launch so that as 12:01 am on launch day we can log in and play or will the client not be released until launch day?

3 Likes

Just please have vanilla weather effects. When it rains in tirisfal I want it to be pouring rain not a light drizzle.

8 Likes

Read between the lines people.

• they’ve made it clear they’re not fixing every difference between the new client and 1.12. We may see differences in the interface, settings, chat, mail etc
  • they’re acknowledging the importance of community feedback and have fixed things they missed. This suggests to me that they see the value in a beta to clean up any outstanding discrepancies so they can recreate the original 1.12. Beta confirmed IMO.
  • they’ve confirmed summer and given current timeframes an August release is looking highly likely at this stage(speculation).
3 Likes

Speaking of speculation. How are we supposed to “have a Classic summer” if they release it at the end???

4 Likes

I didn’t catch the videos in that thread and I couldn’t find any from 2006 or earlier displaying a Warlock casting a summon while one was already out. I did find this video of a Warlock casting Enslave Demon, which did dismiss his Imp as soon as he started the cast:

3 Likes

Fair point but I don’t think we’ll get a release announcement until next month, which suggests to me it won’t be early summer. Half a summer is still a ‘classic summer’?

These updates are fantastic! Would love to see these more frequently, any info is great info :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you soo much for the update guys! Your hard work is not going unnoticed :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Awesome update Blizz Thanks for letting us know some of what is going on. I think there are quite a lot of players seriously excited about seeing Classic come back, and we are thrilled that you are so dedicated to making our nostalgic desire as close to the original experience as possible. I did experience Wow in the original Vanilla and met so many friends through the experience but I never made it to 60 to experience end game content (in fact my first real raid at ‘max level’ was ICC at lvl 80. I want to do the grind and play ‘Wow Hard Mode’ to 60 and experience the seeming right of passage that goes along with achieving max level with original difficulty and original skills. I greatly appreciate both the Private server and Wow community for pushing this till we get what I’m hoping to be the best game I will ever play. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just here to show my appreciation for the update. Thanks guys and keep em coming!

1 Like

It’s rather like if your boss asked you what you worked on this morning and you told him that you brushed your teeth, made some toast (ate the toast), walked the dog and took a :poop:. Not likely what information he was looking to find out.

I do welcome the blue text, and stickied to boot, but I really hope the “soon” stuff has actual answers to what we have been pounding on the door with.

3 Likes

No sharding or loot sharing

13 Likes

My biggest concern is the release schedule. I really wish it wasn’t just 4 release stages like initially specified (I know you guys said it wasn’t set in stone). A big part of what made WoW great was constantly changing content (especially content that shaped the world, like world bosses, new dungeon areas, etc.) which reinvigorated the community.

I’m hoping for releases that mirror more closely the release schedule of original WoW.

1 Like

Great update! Thanks Kaivax.

It’s nice to see these sorts of updates - shows that things are still happening behind the scenes and gives us some insight into what it is that the team is doing. Really appreciate it.

Some people will never be happy and so of course in this thread already there comments asking for more. This is no doubt the reason why some of the big ticket issues aren’t talked about - I don’t blame you.

Just wait people. Small updates like this are great.

Soooooooon, oh soooooon the light.

Pass within and soothe this endless…night.

1 Like

Thank you for the update. It is nice to hear that the long lists of problems with the demo were looked over.

Thank you for saying this. I’m really confused why they wouldn’t just follow the vanilla release schedule.

Makes it easy. Makes it authentic Vanilla.

Thanks for the update, good to know that these issues are actually being addressed instead of ignored.

Any word on spell batching? It’s a pretty big deal for potential Classic PVPers.

2 Likes