Classic Transfer - Closed

You are right again.

Then don’t comment if you aren’t transferring.

1 Like

theres just always something isnt there?
i think your trolling tbh, and if not - reroll or open a ticket, blizz might be able to help as they do want people off those servers.

Same goes for you.

Oh wait it’s a public discussion, not your safe space.

If it doesn’t apply to you then stop complaining but the above still stands for those who it does apply to.

1 Like

Oh oh oh…

You were farming stuff to take with you. With your bots? And missed it coz the bot have no eyes?

If not carry on… My bad…

You do realize that most people don’t use the forums? And that does not have any inclination of an ending period?

You got a message upon logging in to the realms with a queue, about free transfers. And you decided not to look for more information about it. And are now complaining because you missed it.

Carry on.

Nice try, but I didn’t and I am not asking for a transfer. But please continue with your sad attempts to make it about me as opposed to blizzard mishandling things, which they have a long standing pattern of doing.

Ok. If you know or believe a company is terrible, do you continue to support them by purchasing things they sell?

If you are too smart for that, then I can only assume you are here to cause drama and start a witch hunt.

Too bad.

I’ve turned the game off plenty of times, sometimes for a year or more. I stop and start supporting them at different times. But keep trying to make this about me because your position is so weak. I don’t mind, but it makes you look desperate.

But there was a message in the log in of the game… precisely when you enter the que.

…would have come to the forums to inform themselves about the server transfer offer.

First off, for those people who are saying free transfers were open for over a week, that’s not actually true. Free transfers were open for two periods of less than a week each. That’s fine for solo players without guilds, but it would be difficult to organize transfer of a large guild in that time; it was barely enough time to transfer our tiny 10 character guild, and we ended up leaving a few behind. During the first transfer period, you couldn’t be planning on transfers during the second period, we didn’t know if the second period would exist yet.

Secondly, whether or not to continue free transfers should be based on whether the game needs them.

In my opinion, free transfers from established servers to other established servers, such as Grobbulus to Deviate Delight, aren’t really necessary any more, though one more week of these transfers might be good.

We do, however, need continued free transfers from the truly overcrowded servers to the servers that were created to accept transfers from them, such as Arcanite Reaper. Such transfers weren’t socially acceptable in the first transfer period due to expectations that the receiving servers would eventually die from lack of population, resulting in only a small cadre of transfers. This changed during the second transfer period, when the newly created servers got enough of a cadre to look like they might be viable and transfers became generally socially acceptable.

However, the social acceptability of these transfers was established too late to organize group transfers effectively. These new servers are still way smaller than established servers, and any significant dropoff in population over time will threaten their viability. To put it another way, they’re now about where servers like Deviate Delight were before free transfers. Given that Deviate Delight and similar small but established transfer targets took two weeks to get to populations in the range of other servers, the new servers likely still need two weeks of free transfers to get to the same fully healthy point.

What Blizzard should do is open free transfers one last time from the overcrowded servers to the new servers created to receive transfers from them. This transfer period should be continuous for two weeks, to provide enough time to coordinate larger group transfers, such as full preraid and raiding guilds.

At that point, transfers can be shut off until phase 2, when removal of layering may require another round of population redistribution over more servers. Shutting them off now is too early.

1 Like

In my post I clearly state it was my groups fault for not going to the forums to find a specific date and time. While I don’t actually agree with that, I can’t argue because I did not in fact “educate” myself and use “critical thinking”.

The point I was getting is that is that a majority of the fan base isn’t actively scouring these forums. Something such as character transfer where groups/guilds of people are trying to navigate should be better communicated. I don’t think the argument of “poor planning” is as valid as some people here think. A lot of planning actually goes into getting a group of people to make a move. All the fear of will the new server die, will we be able to get everyone over etc etc…

And not only looking at it from the bigger picture, on the small side my brother wasn’t able to log in on Sunday to cancel his auctions. That is the sole reason he wasn’t able to make the transfer. If you check the bigger forum thread there are many similar instances.

So how do you suggest we better plan for that in the future? Even if we fully educated ourselves by going to the forum this was still a possibility to make him miss the transfer.

They had a button when playing to “Migrate” servers… I don’t think its an unreasonable ask for them to put a timer or ETA of closure there at the same time.

Again, I fully appreciate Blizz opening this service. I don’t believe I am being ungrateful for voicing my displeasure in the communication.

1 Like

Yeah because everyone is expected to go to the forums.

1 Like

If you want to be informed, yes, you go to the forums.

You go to the place where the staff tell you things.

Would it really harm them that much to put a warning in the game dialog box?

2 Likes