Classic set to fail before it even happens?

And people will get that. Even if they add new holiday events down the line and what not.

That’s a far cry from OSRS voting and new Vanilla content, in that context. Adding a few holiday events won’t upset people much (well, some it will, but not the majority as long as there’s no progression gear), but if they add a new dungeon, raid or zone… Classic has failed like Vanilla did.

When I’m saying new content I’m not saying new expansions. I’m talking new content in the current world. Like holiday events, maybe some quests, some limited time events to acquire mounts no longer in the game, etc. Smaller scale stuff that serves to livin up the Vanilla world even more.

And the problem is, where do you draw the line.

Not sure. That’s up to the devs.

They did already. “None”.

Nah, not really. Some interviews they’ve said they been thinking about content further down the line in the OSRS fashion. No word on if it’s happening yet or not but it’s an idea they’re throwing around.

Saying WoD was the beginning of dumbing down the game isn’t a misinformed take :joy:. That is when they gutted the classes thus dumbing the game down.

Difference of opinion. I don’t care for 5 abilities per class/spec.

[citation needed]

The only thing I’ve seen quoted anywhere is considering TBC and Wrath servers.

I don’t have the exact interview and exact timestamp but it’s when they invited all the streamers a few months back. They talked about it in those content creators interviews. Like I said though it’s just an idea they’re tossing around. They aren’t doing anything like that yet and currently have no plans to as they’re are 100% focusing on Classic at this point in time. They just said it’s not impossible.

Whatever they do “down the road”, whether it’s classic + or TBC or what have you, they should probably make it possible for those that want to live in OG classic to do so.

And I’m saying this as someone that would LOOOOOOOVE to eventually transition into classic TBC.

K. Rolling my eyes at you now.

If naxx is not the future you are looking for this game might not be for you. most of us are drooling at the opportunity to experience vanilla.

Classic should last around 2 years, do you seriously need like a 5-10 year plan for your video game playing?

1 Like

Yeah, they had this great idea and just never actually did it. It was weird. If they just took out all the annoyances of Retail, added back actual progression with no skips, loot raining from the skies, No LFR, LFD, Mythic+, Give us 1 Raid experience that gets progressively difficult as you move through it, etc, I would actually still play Retail.

That would actually be completely perfect. Classic is still great, but its sad they didn’t at least try to bring back some hope for Retail after talking about it so much.

Wrong use of the word here, all specs are viable, most are not optimal.

Taunt won’t fix the fundamental issues with prot pallies.

Again, all classes are viable, Just not optimal.

I consider WoW Classic to be more of a time capsule, or museum piece.

It is interesting and novel to preserve and archive the perishable nature that is modern video games.