Classic set to fail before it even happens?

Its not about optimal, its about making them all viable at a raid level, you never saw a prot paladin in a raid because they lacked the mechanics needed to compete. You never saw rets doing decent damage because a: spells lacked in damage or b: lacked gear. Which if they lacked gear so be it, then rets dont need to change, but tank specs need to be fixed regardless.

Edit: Aren’t all games ment to be fun? For what they exist to provide? Someone elses fun in a spec they enjoy shouldn’t be sacrificed for someone elses fun.

I suspect this is simply a thinly veiled attempt at “buff paladins” at this point.

A paladin is a hybrid, they excel in some areas of the game, and some not as much, bring a ton of utility, and raiding is a small % of game content. What you want is to be just as viable as a warrior, which lacks all of the fun bells and whistles a paladin enjoys. Those bells and whistles have extreme value, if they didn’t then you would not be here looking for paladin buffs so you could be a raid tank, you would instead be playing a warrior.

“Decent damage”. Again, if you want to be on the level of a pure, then play a pure. Give up all of your hybrid utility and play a pure.

The fix exists: play a warrior and leave your utility you enjoy behind.

:roll_eyes:

Plenty of players play druids, shaman, and yes Paladins, and dig this:
they have fun. You picking up what I’m laying down?

What is this even? If you are enjoying a spec then I assume you find fun in it. If you do not find a spec fun and are not enjoying it, then do not play it.

I played all 3 specs of Paladin in Vanilla, so already your argument is flawed.

Also if you are going to discuss issues with certain roles with a class, you should probably know what the actual issues were. Prot did not have a threat issue, and not having a taunt wasn’t a huge issue either. The #1 problem Prot had was longevity. It simply could not generate enough mana, which shockingly they tried to rectify in TBC. The taunt they gave Paladins in TBC, well lets just say wasn’t great either.

Rets issue was needing gear to do too many things all at one time. Its just the fact of how the class was built and its why simply buffing the specs damage won’t work without causing some serious issues. They would eventually do that, and it was called the unstoppable force that was Paladin in the Wrath pre-patch.

Druids also didn’t have a threat issue, and they had a taunt in Vanilla. Their problem was simply a lack of properly itemized gear and the inability to push crushing blows/crits off the table.

Feral DPS suffered from poor itemization and if I remember correctly much of their damage being in bleeds which they could not use because of the debuff limit. Moonkin had several problems, one being that some of their dps was tied up in dots they couldn’t use and they had severe mana problems.

These were all issues known at the time, its the reason you saw Blizzard try to rectify most of them in TBC through one means or another. Prot got a mana return on healing ability, debuff slots were much less of an issue for feral, Ret got better on the Horde side because of Seal of the Martyr, and well Moonkin still had mana issues but it wasn’t as bad.

Once again though people today still reroll to fit into what their guilds need, overhauling classes didn’t change that. Crap hole guilds exist today just like they did then.

Again the answer is no. If in 3 years time you have all the best gear possible for all three of your specs you can then do what everyone else would do. Either farm gold and resources or roll a new charecter.

The game can keep going forever. It is not set up to fail.

The thing you should want is for blizzard to learn from classic wows popularity and update the current game systems to be more like them.

That isn’t the point, classic revolved around community yes? In that community existed sub communities called guilds, by the half way mark of vanillas existence the game devolved into a “my fun takes priority over your fun, you reroll into this class because my fun and enjoyment demands it, if you don’t like it we won’t have you in the guild and you can’t do the content you want to do. (Sometimes they go one step further and trash talk about you to everyone on the server and no one wants you because you refuse to cave to their demands)” this scenario isn’t fun for those forced into another spec or class. And no, remember what i said about diablo 2 being better than diablo 3 because you can build yourself anyway you want? Just because paladins can tank, heal or damage doesn’t mean they have to spec their talents to hybrid they can focus a single area if they so chose to. Just like druids and shamans.

But by demands, the existing meta and lack of any real tests on any non tank spec the game falters and turned into a toxic cess pool of people that think they are better than everyone else and their fun takes 9000% priority over yours. Nearly every guild devolved into this.

Once again, stop joining crappy guilds. I did everything there was to do in Vanilla except Naxx and thats because I just flat ran out of time because I got a late start and didn’t have the gear to be effective in there.

What you said is why they have a chance to make the balancing changes needed. If you fail to see that then so be it but its not right of you to deny those changes because your enjoyment might suffer.

Look at the recent remakes of games. Resident evil 2 for example. Its a remake of the classic psx game, yet it changed dramatically while following what resident evil 2 was about.

If you want those changes what you need is a TBC or Wrath server, not a Vanilla/Classic one. The point of Classic is to rebuild a point in time, not make an improved Vanilla. If you want improved Vanilla then whst you seek is asking for TBC, not ruining everyone elses Classic experience

What, what isn’t the point?

It sounds like you were in a terribad unfun guild. Not all guilds were such.

Well that is just lovely. However a lot of your bells/whistles/utility/tools are not things you spec into, they are abilities inherent in the class. Your heals, rezzes, bubbles, buffs and such are things you get to enjoy despite what talents you choose. Stop pretending that a hybrid is defined by their available talents alone. Yeah, you can choose to build your talents focused in a certain direction, but you are (and should be) held back by the inherent class abilities.

To sum up, If you do not like the hybrid tax:

Summary

DO NOT CLICK A HYBRID

LoL, no, every guild did not devolve into any such thing. As Caelle noted, you must have kept joining crappy toxic guilds.

If you read what i said prior to you responding, my post naxx content includes tbc and wotlk scaled to a level 60 world. Why? A lot of that should have existed from the very beginning. Neverminding itd be hella cool to visit these places doing content and such at level 60 instead of 70 or 80.

Go do some 5 minute googling, you’ll find stories of people hating their guilds and other various things of being forced to meet demands rather than playing how they want to.

BfA is a result of Blizzard marketing to a different audience than people that want to play an MMORPG, nothing more.

That content would need to be completely reworked to do so. It was all built with the level 70 amd 80 changes that would come along with those two expansions. The odds Blizzard would do that rather than just making TBC and Wrath servers is slim to none.

5 minute googling can dredge up some of the most insanely warped things. I never said bad/toxic/crap/progressive guilds did not exist. What I am saying is that just because you kept being drawn to them is not evidence that every guild was like that.

Welcome to interacting with other humans. I wanted to heal on my mage, but was told no.

More realistically I was told to go frost even though I like fire.

Fair, but it’s something that can realistically come after phases and we see where recurring player numbers sit.

That hasn’t changed, people still have those same complaints today. Like I said, jack hole guilds didn’t go away just because Blizzard made some changes.

Never said healing on a mage or changing classes to do things they weren’t ment to do. But someone telling you to go reroll from a mage to a priest because your GL demands it isn’t right of them to sacrifice your fun and enjoyment for theirs.

Do you ever think about what you’re saying? Honestly… first off it’s simply your opinion that classic will be a fad. Many people have been playing on private servers for a decade and continue to reroll because the game is so good.

Just because you think it’s nostalgia bringing people back doesn’t make it a fact. People will come back and continue to play not due to nostalgia but because it’s a good game. I still replay games like kotar, not because of nostalgia but because the games good. Get some better info before posting that nonsense.

Never said every guild did but most did because progression was all that mattered to who ever was leading it.