[Classic] Rogue OH question

Hello!!!

Wondering if any dagger rogues (or knowledgeable ones) can give me their thoughts on two offhand daggers I have, but not sure what to use.

1. Scarlet Kris
    43-81 DMG
    1.5 speed
    41.33 DPS
    +10 agi
    +10 stam

2. Bone scraper
    40-74 DMG
    1.4 Speed
    40.71 DPS
    +30 AP

the offhand one has a quicker speed, lower dps… top end damage doesn’t matter much with offhand I believe. The AP increase I’m curious about how would affect top end dmg but then I also lose some agi.

I use poisons obviously on offhand, but MC its only certain mobs that are effected by poisons. Since ambush and backstab are based on wep dmg I have a hard time deciding if the AP is worth it for me or not. The quicker speed will help poisons proc and the AP buff helps with white damage, at the loss of some agi benefits

Any advice would be appreciated!

I’d use Skarlet Kiss, more agility = more AP, Armor, Crit, Dodge and its got more Stam = HP

1 agility = 1 attack power / .025% crit

And its a Slightly slower weapon meaning a tiny bit more damage on Sinister

1 Like

For pure dps I think bonescraper; the difference is small, but at low levels of ap, 20 ap is going to do more for you than 1/3 of a crit, and should more than make up for the tiny dps difference.

1 Like

For PvE, I’d choose Bonescraper, it has the speed you want as well as more AP than you’d get from Scarlet Kris.
For PvP, I’d choose Scarlet Kris, because while you lose a little bit of AP, you gain HP from the stam, as well as additional crit and dodge from agi.

Now that Dire Maul has released, I’d honestly try to get Distracting Dagger; I believe that is the best pre-raid oh for a dagger rogue.

Distracting Dagger:
Off Hand Dagger
42 - 64 Damage
Speed 1.30
(40.77 damage per second)
Durability 65 / 65
Requires Level 57
Equip: Increased Daggers +6.

2 Likes

^^This.

As a general rule of thumb 1Agi = about 1.9AP (Alliance w/ Kings) and 1.8AP (Horde). Not a perfect formula but a good method of comparison is to break everything down to AP value and compare. Thus, 10 Agi is not going to give you the same dmg boost as 30AP (not to mention 1.4 speed OH is better for poison Procs. For PVP, Scarlet Kriss is hands down much better.

Bonescraper is 100% the better OH if you are Raiding. Distracting Dagger is potentially better depending on your belt.
–If you have a T1 NS Belt I’d go Distracting OH for sure
–If you have a Blue meh belt (even Cloudrunner) I think a Muggers Belt with a Bonescraper OH may be the best choice…even over Distracting OH.

1 Like