Classic Rare Addon?

Is anyone aware of a rare tracking addon for Classic? One that plots the location of rares on the map, or anything similar?

1 Like

I’m wondering the same thing. Even a rare location overlay would be great.

i dont know about rare addons but “back in the day” i would just go to throtbot…well wowhead now.

i would make a macro
/tar (insert mob name) and spam that macro while in the area
*works for pesky quest rares that need finding and killing fast as well , just keep the macro and insert names when needed.

but addon? i havent heard of that

2 Likes

I hardly see any rares at all, the servers are all practically full at all times because people play at 5 am so they can actually log in.

Rare Aware

1 Like

found my 2nd rare at about 5am around HOGGER spawn, I tagged before It hit me it was a rare and he brought the Thunder down on me with 5 of his friends lol

1st was just north of the logging camp on day 2 of classic going live but 5 guys took him down

Ya I’ve definitely done that. There are addons for regular wow that do that sort of thing as well. Rare Spawn Overlay and other addons were great for that sort of thing. Thanks for the input though :slight_smile:

Pardon my ignorance. Is that an addon that works with Classic?

Haven’t experienced this queue everyone talks about. First two weeks I was on vacation and logged at 9am, played all day, 0 queue.
This week I log at 5:30pm, 60 queue, 1-2 minutes, play all evening.

Edit: I’m on herod

I can find it listed on the website “Will It Classic” but I don’t see a download button.

I would also like an addon that shows me where rare spawns are. I’ve been downloading classic addons from “Warcraft Tavern” but they don’t have a lot to choose from.

There is a cave northwest (I believe) of Farstrider Lodge in Loch Modan that has a Rare spider in it. So far, that is the only one I’ve found.

I believe there’s one called Rare Aware that will show you spawn locations and such for classic. Haven’t checked it out myself. Keep in the mind though that it can’t tell you when a spawn is up and alert you about it though. Can’t do that with the new API.

https://github.com/Mokilok22/RareAware

Sorry. to clarify. yes. it does work in classic. Just tested it myself. In fact, it’s specifically for classic.

It doesn’t do anything flashy and it can’t track whether the creature is actually up, just gives you a whisper when you’re in a rare’s spawn area.

4 Likes

Won’t let me post a link but if you go to the curseforge forums for NPCscan (not the overlay) someone has posted a link to a working version of the overlay in classic. There is also a link to a working retail version further up the page.

1 Like

Rare Aware has worked for me since release night.

Silver dragon has a classic version -

2 Likes

not to sound like a total dumbass but…how do i download this from github? i cannot for the life of me figure it out >_>

Log into github (create an account if you don’t already have one). Then navigate to the RareAware page. There should be a green button labeled clone or download. If you want to use the addon choose download as zip. Unzip into your addons folder then rename the folder it creates to RareAware instead of the RareAware-Master that it comes as.

2 Likes

Bless you!

From what I’ve been reading, the thing you look for is dots on the map where rares spawn?
HandyNotes is an addon that does exactly that! It has the ability to show and hide vendors, dungeon entrances, trainers, flight paths, etc. and rare spawns!!. Turn the rares on and hover over one of the dots that appear on your map to see what the name of the spawn is.
Now setup your macro and find that rare!!