Classic queues and cross realm talk

In a thread started about 6 days ago by the WoW Community council where they were complaining about how Blizzard should fix the queues before WotLK Classic launches, they were told by Aggrend, WoW Classic Game Producer, that “There’s no technology solution to this. There is no hardware solution to this. This situation will not improve when Wrath of the Lich King Classic launches on September 26th, it will only get worse.”. Aggrend also explained that the ~ only solution ~ is for more people to transfer off of the “megaservers”.

When TBC launched I remember watching a stream where one player was able to invite players from other servers, whisper players on other servers through /w charactername-servername and see them inside of dungeons when they both entered.

That technology is in the game already they just shut and locked it down so we dont have access to it. I think it would be nice to see people in the world as well and maybe that is a simple fix.

What I am getting at is that it is my belief that people would be more willing to leave big servers if they knew they could still play with friends on that server like in retail. They can start the conversation with people on how far they want that play to go. Maybe you cant do the new raid tier until server first is achieved, things like that. We have seen the technology that can allow players to do this, working in TBC classic, and we have seen it on a live stream.

We cannot let them force us to transfer only to pay to come back when our server dies in 4 months or what ever. This is a cash grab. the technology is there, I have seen it with my own eyes. They want us to fix their problem when it is not our responsibility to do so.

Let me know what you think below. Thank you for your time.

2 Likes