Classic PvP Content Plan

Emphasis mine. Does this mean that the caster R14 weapons will be available at launch despite only becoming available when Naxxramas launched, or would you use the same philosophy as the WSG spell pen trinkets?

5 Likes

Quality post, A++ would read again.

6 Likes

But they were part of 1.12 Vanilla, therefore they should be there on launch right? Its still Vanilla, correct? Your argument against 1.5 AV conflicts with your argument against cross-realm battlegrounds. Either strict adherence to 1.12 due to it’s superiority is an argument or its not. You can’t pick and choose the things you like and dislike then argue for them based on arguments that conflict. Either adherence to 1.12 is important or it’s pedantic bunk. Not either or.

9 Likes

And all rank 14 weapons got buffed in AQ to make their stats along the same lines. So people who haven’t even stepped into BWL have higher than AQ strength weapons. I don’t remember seeing that in vanilla…

3 Likes

I know this place is super “#muhblizzliike” but can you PLEASE make so the entire raid doesn’t receive dishonorable kills for one bafoon’s treachery?

Just make whoever attacks that mob receive the DK.

PLZ PLZ PLZ!

12 Likes

exactly, i’m all for no changes, or even minor changes, but there are people that preach no changes until it comes to a system they don’t like, and then they suddenly want it gone/changed

1 Like

You did read my post right?

Since blizz isn’t doing progressive itemization anywhere, cause they said they aren’t, then there’s only one solution here. To have the release schedule match itemization closer. Phase 3 is a minimum for rank 14 unadjusted weapons to be added. Anything earlier makes the game stupidly broken.

2 Likes

To be clear, I’m for minor changes for stability and long term viability only. Sharding for starters removed after the bulge goes, is probably the biggest. But as much as they’re able to content wise they should match Vanilla.

I also want them to give a serious attempt at progressive itemisation.

2 Likes

They said their can’t do Classic full stop, and then they could. If you want it, start making some NOISE :smiley:

1 Like

depends on the time between 2 and 3, if it is short enough, only a very small number per server will be full r14 geared by phase 3

In Vanilla it was 92 days. Seems a reasonable block for Classic.

When did I make an argument for crossrealm BG’s?

And I’m not ANTI-1.5AV. I just enjoy Blizzard not caving to a very loud vocal minority who want a version of AV that was in existence for 4 weeks because it “best replicates the vanilla experience”.

I’m happy with whatever version we get, I’m just glad Blizzard isn’t caving to the group that’s saying “If we don’t get 1.5 AV I won’t play!”

2 Likes

So how quickly do you want the classic progression to go through? You don’t even want to savor this? 3 months between phases is a year and a half of the game from start to finish. with only 6 phases our options here are severely limited for timing

Quick question… Will there be the realm specific weekly honor rankings webpage? That was pretty much the BEST thing about PVP for me…

I think the Classic team went back in time to 2004 and rehired all the staff that worked on vanilla. Srsly these guys are killing it! I love that you seperated phase 2 and 3! It gives us time to experience the game as it was in 2004 b4 the bgs came in. I LOVE u guys and gals soo much!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hey just curious as to why you do this?

10 Likes

Oh god. They don’t even know what Dishonorable Kills are. Well, Bornakk, anyway. I guess that isn’t by itself cause for alarm. It isn’t his job to know everything.

Dishonorable Kills never, ever applied to players. They only applied to civilian flagged npcs, and they provided a hit towards your current week’s ranking, with the first couple being insignificant to all but people pushing rank 13+, but they had a cumulative multiplier which could blow up your week’s earnings if you stood around all day and farmed npcs.

The problem with DHKs is that they never did anything. No one who was trying to rank could afford to stand around ganking npcs who afforded no honor. The only thing DHK’s did was terrify people during city raids. It was a fundamentally broken system and I have yet to meet a single person who actually understood their mechanics completely that were in favor of them. Every debate I’ve had on this topic was with people who had no idea how they worked.

18 Likes

Almost certainly. I’ve been mulling this over and you know what occurs to me? ‘Warts and all’ works both ways. There were changes during Vanilla that I think were bad. In terms of pvp, this would be the changes to AV, dishonorable kills, cross-realm bgs. We know the first two will be in Classic and it’s pretty much a guarantee cross-realm bgs will as well. I think they’re the wrong choices, but they’re still legitimate choices. So a Vanilla wart is still authentic Vanilla.

That said, it kills my enthusiasm for pvp. AV will offer nothing I can’t already experience. Cross-realm bgs is just grinding on random strangers, which I have no interest in. And dishonorable kills is the end of city raiding. I don’t say this as a threat or stamping my feet. It’s just the reality that these things don’t appeal to me. But it is what it is and at least it’s still authentic Vanilla. By the way, I’m glad they didn’t cave in to the entitlement crowd and chang the honor reward system. Let that crazy battle for highest ranks begin! So at least their consistency in 1.12 has that going for it.

6 Likes

Kristenbell!! That will be your second nap today. :slight_smile: