Classic PvP Content Plan

The honor system should be in with launch. World pvp needs to be incentivized early on to ensure a lively pvp scene later on. As well, you get a PVP rank discount on vender prices, encouraging levelers to PVP to get that discount on at least their mount.

5 Likes

This is important! If 1.12 versions of the gear are going in this early they will be brokenly OP.

8 Likes

Wew your post made me tired. I think I may take a nap. You seem a little tired too, you should consider taking a little nap. Naps always make me feel so refreshed and give my mind some well needed clarity.

5 Likes

You mean like Vanilla was?

Don’t get me wrong, but people were ravenous for PVP on PVE servers in Vanilla during the same period. I played on an RP server even, and Tarren Mill Southshore was basically a ‘no-go’ zone for questing. You went there to fight. 200-300 people a side was common, the vendors and flight master were basically always dead etc.

#ThisIsVanilla

13 Likes

they were part of vanilla after patch what 1.9? so it wouldn’t surprise me

1 Like

Getting around DKs isn’t hard, just watch your AoE and check your fire. And don’t party/raid with people that can’t do the same.

4 Likes

#NoChanges means #NoChanges right?

3 Likes

Don’t quote one sentence from my response missing what I actually was saying. You cherry picked the least important part of my argument. I was saying that we’re not getting 1.12 Vanilla, because its not launching with the gear and content of 1.12 Vanilla. They are using 1.12 as a base due to stability, it doesn’t mean everything in Classic needs to adhere to 1.12, which was just one of many patches to pull from.

8 Likes

The myth of BWL being stomped by raids full of rank 14 warriors needs to be put away. It just won’t be feasible, even for the most hardcore. When you consider smaller populations and the lack of battlegrounds, at the end of phase 2 there will probably be less than 10 rank 14 players, if any. And by the time a typical hardcore raider hits rank 14 in phase 3, BWL will already be on farm.

The developers have probably considered this and have also deemed that rank 14 rewards won’t be an issue due to how outrageously difficult it will be to get them.

7 Likes

This is gonna be terrible having end game pvp gear thats aq value before aq is out, you must pvp or you will get left behind.

4 Likes

yeah, it was origionally done so that lower pop servers would have at least a decent bg pvp scene

Thank you for the update.

Hek u bud u don’t pay my sub :^)

2 Likes

Only if you’re a hardcore progressive raider.

Please give us a release date!

17 Likes

i would imagine, since they are slowly releasing bg rewards, they will do the same with rank rewards, and with the amount of grinding needed to hit r14, it wont matter that much if they dont, there will be like 5 people per server, if that, with r14 gear

3 Likes

we do what we want :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I’m not so sure of all that. For starters the pvp gear was much worse when 1.4 was released. Starting with the 1.12 blue gear especially is a change to the timeline.

And at least in my experience, we had no idea what the rewards really were and weren’t grinding for gear- we were playing for fun. Nowadays the cost of information is much lower and the average person is much better informed. More people will be engaged. For better or worse.

I happen to know the path of least resistance in the modern era isn’t Tarren Mill v Southshore anymore… it’s camping flight points with no hope of the enemy defending themselves (and largely just collecting afk honor kills).

And again, I’m fine with that. But don’t have any illusions about what we’re getting here.

4 Likes

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

And if the No Sharding proponents get their way, we’ll need it for PVP servers that were added to handle the tourists, then died off.

I always laugh how people demand #NoChanges on the things they want, and suddenly “I never said that” when they want to change what actually happened to either improve QoL (guild banks, non-armored mounts always etc), or have a twisted image of the situation, like:

“No Changes! But no Cross Realm BGs!”
“No Changes! Except remove DHKs!”
“No Changes! Except move Rank 14 gear earlier/later”

18 Likes