Classic PvP Content Plan

If I could also have my Thunderfury that my rogue grinded for back in Vanilla, I’d appreciate that too. Thanks!

And that is exactly what is meant by getting a hand out. The game is designed to give us all an even chance. Why on earth do you think they should make it easier for you? How fair would that be? It’s ridiculous.

1 Like

You’re still only focusing on a single part of my post and trying to make something more out of it than what I’m actually asking. I’m not asking for a super unfair advantage. I’m fine if it takes a long time to get the gear, just not having to do it all at once. Depending on how they handled it, it could still maybe take roughly the same amount of time, just in a way to where we didn’t have to no-life the game for months straight with no breaks. I’m not asking for instant gear here. We’d all still be even. I gave suggestions on how it could maybe be done, but I don’t know for sure. That would be something the devs would have to work out. Needing so many HKs. So much honor. Maybe have it to where our rank never decreases until he finally hit rank 14? I don’t know.

Like I said, I don’t expect it to happen. I was just putting my suggestion out there for consideration. We’ve already done that insanity once. That should be enough, in my opinion. But I feel we shouldn’t be punished for not being able to do it again. I knew my idea would get flak, but I threw it out there anyways. I just wanted to have a chance of getting my gear back so I can fully experience Classic like I experienced the original. If it doesn’t happen, that’s fine. There is no way I could do that grind again, but I look forward to seeing the people who do. It’s a hard journey.

Then be happy you accomplished it once. I wish I could do a lot of the physical things I used to when I was young. You are upset and feeling “punished” that something you did in a game 15 years ago takes the same effort? All I can say is “yikes”.

3 Likes

amazing! :smiley: I cant wait

I hope for continuity reasons, that after naxxaramus invasion, we go to northerend. But Dalaran would be moved to a new mini zone, so crystal song forest could be an actual zone. ( it wasn’t used due to Dalaran player population effecting the zone from my understanding). This would allow Crystalsong to act as a tauren mill vs south shore where both factions are in parts of the zone doing their thing with their faction representatives. they would be warring over motes or cyrstalized magics in the form of dragon teeth. so this would be considered the wpvp zone.

talent trees and itemization must stay in classic fashion. item level jump can’t be enormous. flight form would have to be capped at 150%?

death knights start at level 10. and are brought in line of paladins and warriors.

death knights have to gather peices of dragon bones to assenble and summon their own drake, like the legion sword spell, not a full wyrm. it would be a spell they could cast once you have assemble the components for the dragon, and read a book of kel’thuzad to learn the spell.

Good too know you havn’t fixed AV still for some reason… absolouetely a joke of an offical statement. You’ve had over 2months now to remedy this. And you guys still are just saying oh well, screw the community, we will just do whatever we want because we no longer care about making good games, only profit.

Please no AV 1.12 bring back the classic AV experience.

3 Likes

Absolutamento.

Hopefully Phase 1 ends fast, or things will get boring fast. Even Phase 2 will wear off quickly I’m afraid to believe.

1 Like

tbh, the classic honor system is not healthy…

1 Like

maybe don’t sit on wow all day? blizzard is not a baby sitter.

Big True

Not sure I’ll play WoW Classic until phase 2 is announced given this information. The only interest I have in WoW Classic is PVP.

1 Like

Phase 1 is wide open for wPVP, there’s just no honor system yet. Is it the honor points or the game you want more?

Huge fan of Classic, can’t wait for the start. But I’m not a big fan of the PvP rollout plan :frowning: This is something I think should be decoupled from the raid content rollout schedule and accelerated significantly. Being able to hit up battlegrounds at early levels was one of the greatest elements of Vanilla WoW. In fact, the 10-19 battleground bracket might have been the most fun of them all. Waiting months to get battlegrounds seems like it is missing the point (assuming the phases will be ~2 months each). Sure this will replicate the original timeline ordering, but this is a case where it is purely artificial and I don’t think benefits the classic experience in any way. I also really hope they consider adding the newer battlegrounds into classic (also sooner rather than later). Again, there is no real downside of the additional variety of maps and slightly different objectives. And that variety in scenery would greatly enhance the grind for those of us who plan to try and reach higher PvP ranks.

2 Likes

Please move DHKs to phase 3.

1 Like

This was where they basically were giving us points for fighting wPvP already.
Which also led to the end of grouping in those fights because of DKs being spread raid-wide.
My point is, Those worried about r14 weaps, shouldn’t be. The weap/armor rewards came later with the BGs and ranks. The initial honor system, was just points, and there wasn’t alot for killing…but sure was alot for DK, omg DK would ruin the week.
I could be wrong, but I don’t recall leaving TM battle during downtime because I needed to go grind honor for armor or weap (which I definitely would have).
I do remember doing it for AV BG when it opened, that’s when we started seeing the rewards and vendors.

Please remove dishonorable kills globally from the game.

Phase 2

• Honor System (including Dishonorable Kills)
  • PvP Rank Rewards

Will anything be done to curb account sharing and streamers having followers showing up to give them free hks for the GM/HWL grind?

1 Like