Classic PvP Content Plan

How else you gonna get your gold farmers?

2 Likes

Not having rank decay with the vanilla PvP system makes absolutely no sense at all. I don’t see how you could even justify this.

1 Like

I’m certain that the Alterac Valley experience you are reminiscing fondly about doesn’t refer to the original AV implementation. Sitting in AV being unable to push past mid for weeks doesn’t sound appealing at all or beneficial to any player in any way outside of a false sense of nostalgia.

1 Like

Yep, people are really downplaying the difficulty on their posts. It’s only fair that some people who obtain that gear have some time to play with it before it is trumped by PvE gear.

1 Like

The very small handful of people getting them early is not going to have a negative impact.

3 Likes

Yeah and low pop realms result in lower pvp participation by default which results in very few BG’s and only during peak hours. And then it’d only be WSG. Population can be too small to support AB and definitely not AV.

2 Likes

I can see the argument for reducing rank decay but removing it?

You realize that would mean that everyone would eventually reach the top ranks and they would mean near nothing right? I have to disagree with your comment.

Sounds like BFA, where everything is meaningless. Lets keep classic, classic.

1 Like

A lot of people are going to burn out trying to get rank 14. I can’t wait :laughing:

2 Likes

Exactly. We don’t need handmedowns.

1 Like

Yep. I am not even going to try for the very top ranks. Not that crazy. But them, those that do get it, they deserve it.

3 Likes

People are concerned with 1.12 pvp rewards in phase two. Let me just say that there is no way people will be able to attain rank 14 from just world pvp. The grind will be extremely harder because of the lack of honor gained from world pvp, not to mention world pvp will be so inconsistent. For example, some zones maybe under populated and thus less kills. The rank 14 grind wont start officially until BG’s are out. I will be extremely surprised if anyone gets above rank 5 or 6 with doing world pvp for hours on end.

1 Like

That is until your playing the game how it’s supposed to beplayed but the guys gets mad from dying so many times and decides to right click report you and has further consequences that follow. #norightclickreport.

Blockquote

I love these little side notes, it shows you guys are finally starting to see what makes vanilla great and all it has to offer from gameplay, to community, or working hard for things that make you stand out in the game and make you proud to have a character that has certain gear/items or even having a level 60. Keep it up guys your doing a great job!

Blockquote

2 Likes

Thanks for the update post, they are always appreciated and bring a little excitement to the boards.
I look forward to playing through these phases and seeing how the server changes. I remember the world PvP objectives being added and having fun fighting for the towers in EPL for the area buff.
1.12 AV is acceptable to me but perhaps on certain weekends we can have the older version with all the fixin’s.
Small plug for RP-PVP servers - Please open at least 1 on release day.

How many of you have actually taken a good, hard look at the 1.12 BLUE honor sets, and compared them to say, MC and even BWL gear?

Please do so. Seriously. You won’t have to sift through too many pieces before you see some that are way out of line.

1 Like

Also, IF you decide to make cross-realm BGs…can Oceanic realms be matched with other oceanic realms? Rather than the system in place now? Where we get put into US bgs with 250ms+ latency?

2 Likes

Small quick question … with regards to no tracking at start , does that mean no pvp kill count in profile ? … asking for a friend…

1 Like

Since there only is a honorable kill count, there indeed wont be anny coun’t towards your kills.