Classic PvP Content Plan

Exactly. They will still kill Quest Givers and the lowbies.

1 Like

Omg thank you <3 I grow more excited as the days pass.

Playing 16 hours a day for 12+ weeks is “easy”?

If it’s so easy, why didn’t everyone have rank 14 weapons in vanilla?

Agree wholeheartedly. PvP was never as enjoyable after crossrealms even with shorter queue times.

Spot on! A great plan as usual, Classic Team.

Well some people would say if it was there in vanilla then it MUST be there. Others are obsessed just with the 1.12 patch, as if 1.12 was a beacon of untarnished game design.

And there are others that recognise that classic will already be a very different beast from vanilla due to the all the different changes that 1.12 will bring to earlier content throughout the “phases” they are implementing.

#Nochanges is dead - anyone who trots this out now is a just a huge fart. We are getting what we are getting and it is up to us to be proactive in letting Blizzard know which of their decisions we love (6 phases) and which we think are bollocks (1.12 AV).

They are listening, as they said. So we are here to use our voices.

4 Likes

Dishonorable kills were a thing in vanilla, u cant pick and choose.

That’s because most people had jobs and it only gave a small number of people the title by design.

Let the world pvp begin!

Please reconsider giving us AV 1.5 at least for the weekends. Thank you.
Oh yea and add guild banks please! Thank you.

7 Likes

As someone that was an active twink during Vanilla I’m curious about which version of the level brackets we will be getting. It’s been a long time so the details I remember are a bit fuzzy but at some point it had changed from 20 or 21-30 to 20-29. I remember this happening since I had a 30 twink rogue at the time that I had to move up to 39 when the brackets changed and then I created a mage to do the 20-29 bracket.

Based on the focus being consistency towards the 1.12 patch I assume it will be the 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60 but some clarification would help.

I could not agree more. Please Blizzard stay as far away from cross-realm BGs as possible.

2 Likes

AV 1.12… makes it easy to decide to push and wait for a BC edition.

5 Likes

Please, please please remove Rank Decay. That was one of the worst things ever in Classic PVP: You either PVP’d 16 hours a day, or you lost Rank (and heaven forbid you start to hit Rank 13/14 or 15.

2 Likes

I really think the pvp gear needs to be progressed from old gear. I love everything else about this plan and think you guys are doing great, but the 1.12 gear in phase 2 makes zero sense. This means people will be walking into BWL already with AQ and Naxx level gear.

You guys have been nochanges and doing everything to make this as authentic as possible which is awesome! You even go so far as to launch without the pvp system and dont have battlegrounds for first 2 phases. However, then you put in super OP gear in phase 2 when it wasnt available until 1.9? It just doesnt make any sense.

In my opinion you should release phase 2 with original pvp gear, as it is on par with MC and BWL gear and they compliment eachother. Then in phase 5 upgrade the gear with AQ release, so it is again on par and compliments the raid gear. This way PVErs arent required to rank to be competitive, but ranking is still 100% worth it.

If you leave it as proposed then it wont be the end of the world and it wont be a deal breaker at all, but it’s a complete contridiction to the rest of the work you are doing and it will make BWL a cakewalk.

3 Likes

Yes, this is the crux of going back to Vanilla.
Ultimately a QoL update w/Vanilla, BC, and Wrath would be ideal. Things like shards, ammo, CBs on char, consumables in form, etc. should really be universal.
The way current WOW just keeps recycling itself and arbitrarily changing specs for the sake of changing specs is old… but who wants to go back to farming soul shards, having small bags full of ammo, and attempting to health pot between boss swings so you can shift back to bear?
Nobody in their 20s is going to play this game for nostalgia. And nobody in their 40s - who was 20 when it came out - has the time to do the Vanilla grind anymore.
Feels DOA to me.
Throw in a junk version of AV and… meh…

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the update!

I know there’s a bit of a debate about DHK’s being in the game, but I for one am glad you will be keeping them in Classic. Since you all say you are watching the forums, thought I would voice my opinion on that. DHK’s sound good to me. Also honor decay is fine as well. It’s how it was then and was part of the competition. Even though I never made it farther than Master Sergeant on my warlock back then, I loved the old ranking system and was fine with decay, DHK’s, etc. It was exciting to see which rank I would be each week.

I loved PvP in Vanilla, but never took it so serious that I was going for the highest rank. I just enjoyed the competition of the ranks and seeing where I would be each week. I knew I was never going to be top rank, but I was ok with that and am ok with it now. I was more of a raider, but loved doing world PvP and bg’s when I wasn’t raiding or preparing for a raid. I can’t wait to PvP on my warlock again.

My god really nice work guys!

Thanks

one overlooked thing that might be cool is if say if rank 14 gear is out early, then you’ll see PvE guilds gear up their members asap via pvp. It would create a brand new dynamic between guilds. Something that never happened before.

Kinda cool actually.

The gear plan is bad. Many of the 1.12 honor blues are numerically superior to MC and BWL epics for some classes. We need the earlier iteration of the honor sets to match the raid tier they were intended to be used alongside.

5 Likes

Many of us have more time. Not everyone squirted out a swarm of offspring.

6 Likes