Classic PvP Content Plan

Not even in the ballpark. Reach high ranks before battleground play may not even be possible. I don’t remember how people related to the situation in Vanilla for the month or two after the honor system came up and before the BGs appeared. I think it will be an interesting and fun time to play though. I will be content moving up into the low ranks just to get them out of the way. A great many of us will make rank 3 or 4 during that time.

I’ll say we for the large group of people who don’t want 1.12 av.

9 Likes

Oh god warrior stack premades inc

1 Like

DEAR GOD YES PLEASE VENDORS

and YES to 1.12 AV, new AV is BORING.

but seriously, heck yea I never thought id be so glad about the simple idea of vendors being a thing again

1 Like

Most everything is sounding great, except for the 1.12 AV. Hopefully we get an earlier version.

Looking forward to hearing a release date!

6 Likes

Phase 7 add arena to classic… I think we can allow for 1 change… Gurubashi Arena can serve as the instanced copy.

2 Likes

People worried about HWL weapons in here acting like Ragnaros and Nefarion weapons aren’t as good (or better) , vastly easier to get, and almost assuredly available earlier.

3 Likes

Great job, love this rollout.

1 Like

I am REALLY excited about the phases, HOWEVER, releasing 1.12 level of pvp gear at the point projected is pretty busted. The PvP gear is very similar in power to AQ gear. Having it available so early will simply NOT WORK. Please consider changing this as this will force many players to abandon raiding altogether and just farm pvp.

Classic WoW has PvE and PvP intertwined too much to have such a disparity.

4 Likes

Absolutely love the fact that the honor system is releasing without battlegrounds, which will mean world PvP.

Absolutely hate the fact that dishonorable kills are returning which makes world PvP extremely difficult.

5 Likes

1.12 IS the new AV. You want the earlier version.

8 Likes

Best annoucement so far. The World PvP is going to be epic.

3 Likes

Just kidding, DHKs

5 Likes

Make quest givers and vendors UNKILLABLE. Problem solved. All other NPCs don’t matter.

7 Likes

Have fun with that!

What a waste of a good opportunity to do something special…:man_facepalming:

9 Likes

What is the month of release?

1 Like

dishonor kills means the return of private raid groups that only invite friends/guildies based on trust :astonished:

1 Like

Not happy about the inclusion of DHks, I guess I won’t WorldPvP when that goes live.

7 Likes

I’m generally ok with anything you guys decide to do, as long as it doesn’t provide incentive for people to no longer have to be out in the world under the guise of “quality of life”, thereby completely ruining/removing world PvP and the basic concept of a virtual online world.

That said, if it were up to me, I’d like to see PvP stay frozen in the phase 1 state forever, but I’ll take what has been proposed thus far, and pay my subscription fee with glee. Thank you Blizz, for actually caring about Classic. The current retail game is not an MMO in the spirit of what they were meant to be. Can’t wait to try it out!

2 Likes

I’m sure there’s a reason against it, but if they made the honor/hour about the same, couldn’t they put two versions of AV in the game? A 1.12 (“quick”) and a 1.5 (“long”) and let people play what they want? I personally don’t care one way or the other, but people seem really passionate about this.

5 Likes