Classic Population by Class

Anyone know where I can find semi-current numbers the population broken down by class?

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295075/classic-wow-realm-population-report-data-aggregated-through-community#class-distribution

About as good as we are likely to get as Blizzard doesn’t release this info and I believe they did something to the API to break the functionality of the addon that aggregated this info.

1 Like

thank you!

Edit: man, I can’t believe Pally/Shams are that low. In Vanilla is felt like the Horde was all Shaman. This is a bit of a game changer.

1 Like

Warrior #1

You need to either add shamans and paladin together, or halve the others. The total for all the other classes are Horde and Alliance (misleading a bit). I.E. Warriors 16% would be more like 8% on both sides. That’s why it seems like the 6% Shamans is low, there’s plenty of them running around!

1 Like

That’s actually a good point. Ok, but then everything but Pally/Sham should be divided, meaning they’re actually around 4% per faction? Yikes.

Yes but only by 2, so Druids 4% does make sense too once you’re out in the world. Not sure how outdated the chart is but it follows the lines with what I’ve seen personally with Warriors and Mages dominating popularity.

Pallies and shaman were around 12% for their respective factions for any census info I took (before they broke the addon). They were usually in the second tier of popularity (behind the first tier of mage/warrior).

Mages and warriors stood out as most popular and druids stood out as consistently least popular. Everything else was in the middle somewhere, with slight variations for factions (IE: warlocks were on the lower end in population for alliance, but not so for horde).

1 Like

Yeah, I think the problem with leveling a druid (as I have been) is that you see almost exclusively druids in Mulgore, and you leave the zone thinking it’s the most popular class. While some warriors are there, hunters and shaman were one, maybe 2 people?

A rare spawn came up a few weeks ago and we let hunters know only for /who to reveal there were two in the zone, a lvl 1 and 2. So we killed it.

1 Like