[Classic] Overpower Tracking (Weak Auras)

I had trouble finding a guide for tracking Overpower procs while in Defensive or Berserker stance, so I figured I would put this Weak Auras config out there in case it helps anyone else.

In Classic there’s no buff for the Overpower proc, and the “Active Ability” trigger is only “active” while in Battle Stance, so I had to set the Trigger to watch my combat log so I didn’t have to try to watch for “dodge” text. So far it seems to work fine with combat logging turned on or off.

For the Trigger:

• Type: Event

• Event: Combat Log

• Message Prefix: Swing

• Message Suffix: Missed

• check Source Unit: Player

• check Miss Type: Dodge

• Hide Timed: 5 - I set mine for 5 seconds to display. Not sure of a better way to show this

Then add a 2nd trigger with everything the same except set Message Prefix to “Spell” as your abilities, (rend, whirlwind, etc) are labelled in the log as spells, and they can also be dodged.

• Required for Activation: Any Triggers
  • Message Prefix: Spell

Hope this helps. I’m also up for suggestions if there’s a better way to do it.

3 Likes

Interesting…
Have you tried the spell cool down trigger to see if it detects overpower?
I use this to show when bezerker rage is usable while on defense.

Sorry for the delayed reply. The difference is that Overpower is only on Cooldown for 5 seconds after you use it. So if you were to tell Weak Aura to show when off Cooldown, it will always show, whether it’s Active or Inactive, until you use it, then you wouldn’t see it for 5 seconds. But that still wouldn’t tell you whether or not it’s Active.

So the challenge is showing Overpower when it’s Active, which only shows when you are in Battle Stance. Watching the Combat Logs for dodge messages is still the only way I can see to trigger WA to show when Overpower Procs when I’m not in Battle Stance to let me know I can switch to Battle Stance to use it.

I just use ClassicSpellActivations addon.
It will make OP button glows in any stances.

4 Likes