Classic Oceanic Servers - MEGATHREAD

Can’t beat that german efficiency

1 Like

Blissard gief

BLIZ PLAISE HALP WE NED SRVRS DOWN UNDA.

ty <3

2 Likes

+1 would like to see confirmation on this. I think at least 1 PVP and 1 PVE server would great, I and most of my friends almost certainly will not play without this. I’d probably never buy a Blizzard game again, and actively encourage everyone I know to check out final fantasy instead.

2 Likes

They have a datacentre in Aus now…

2 PvP (one for horde, one for alliance as you cant have both on the same server)
1 PvE

1 Like

That doesn’t give us any confirmation about classic.

No but its not just a tab on US based hardware like it used to be… as they already have the datacentre all they need to do is spool up a couple of installs

1 Like

This is my first post in anywhere from 6-9 years.

Simply posting to say i hope there are Oceanic servers.

4 Likes

There arent enough players to justify an oceanic server.

Great, you claim to have 2500 people in some discord. That isnt enough for one server. If people are in a discord about classic wow then they arent casuals and are more then capable of posting here on the official forum, yet you have 100 posts in this thread and not all of those are from people interested in a oceanic, like this post.

You also mention a private classic wow server doing well there. Well that was free of charge. You can cut that number of people by 90% when they have to pay 15$ a month to play.

Barring all of that, Blizzard expects an 80% player drop off after the newness wears off. That just doesnt leave hardly anyone to justify even one server.

I can’t see any reason not to have at least 1 of each Oceanic Server. To say that there isn’t enough players to populate is just silly. Oceanic is more than just Australia.

1 Like

Oceanic servers are more than just Australia bro.

1 Like

Give it a little time before we jump. They announced EU ones, lets wait and see

yeah but since in retail they have oceanic servers i dont think its hard for them to throw them in with minimal notice

Like Derpcontrol this is my first post in… a long time.

There are a lot of us that are as casual as they come and yet having a local server is important to us. Nostalgia is great but 200 ms latency shouldn’t be part of the nostalgia experience. That is the part we don’t want.

Without a local server I know several people that wont play.

1 Like

back in the day i was playing vanilla with dial up. trust me 200ms is a dream. i play with 80ms in retail

7 Likes

Thanksyou.

1 Like

Much yay. Very WoW. Thanks!

2 Likes

WTB Etched on Arugal. Add Etched#1803 for more info.