[Classic] No characters once log in

yep same problem

I’m getting that too. But I’ve also noticed it in BFA over the last few weeks too.

OK seems to be working now

DId nothing - just waited 10 so minutes

Usually just close the game and try again. Sometimes it takes a few goes.

Hi there friends,

This tends to be connection related. We could work on steps for that next, but for now, let’s gather some data. :slight_smile:

How long do you tend to set on the black screen?

Does this happen on both BFA and Classic?

Does it happen still after a computer restart?

/Nathardrick

Hi,

Same thing happened just now.

Refer to Black charctor screen after disconect

It’s been happening last 3 days, and when it happens all my battlenet friends experience the same issue - so I know it’s just not my PC.

Either the game kicks you out and you log back in with black screen, or if you remain in game everything begins to lag and can’t interact with NPC anymore, with only chat working.

Refer to OCE realms Frozen and Major lagging/disconnections on Oceanic realms atm

As this happens off-peak for US, and peak for us in OZ, this remains for a while before it gets fixed

Just like old times.

1 Like

This is currently happening to me on US servers.

There is no issue logging into retail, only classic.

Even more interesting, I have two accounts and only one of them is affected, I can log in normally to classic on my second account. (same server)

It’s happening to me on Yojamba - tried restarting and Retail logs me in with characters fine

1 Like

Exact same crash as 4 days ago (which lead to a 4-5 hour downtime)… Hopefully wont take as long to fix the second time around…

1 Like

This has happend once for me. So far i log in and none of the realms display a number of charecters. If i try to create a charecter it displays an error.

Remulos server - I can log it, but all of my characters are gone.

Same issue on Remulos right now.

• About 20 minutes ago the server stopped doing things like letting us cast spells and npc’s stopped working but we could talk in /1 general in westfall,
  • then 5 minutes after that I was kicked out
  • then attempting to log in we get a black background screen with no characters listed
  • It appears remulos needs a restart?

Update: Remulos back up now 5:24 pm Sunday, 1 September 2019 AEST, about 30 minutes after server side issues started.

Update 2: We all got dc’d from Remulos at about 5:29pm again, but everyone’s back again and the server is now doing server things as expected.

2 Likes

So much fun having this happen on a Sunday. I guess I’ll go play something that is working properly.

1 Like

This issue seems to re-occur often in our evening when US is asleep

Hey folks,

Just to follow up on this, we did see some instability with the servers when these posts were made. The server engineers found an underlying issue causing this problem and attempted a fix, so hopefully it won’t happen again. If it does, please let us know.

2 Likes

Ironforge is STILL feeling the fallout of the Sunday outage. One of the shards/phases has no NPCs. A friend invited me to his phase (and it resolved it for me), but a lot of people are still stuck without NPCs to interact with.

We heard some things about that as well. How’s it going after the server restart?

Working fine after the restart.

Logged in today and character screen is black, Faerlina, but it works on other servers.