Classic Lothar Players

If you have not seen the vanillafriends website yet google it. Helps find old friends from classic.

Trying to track down as many of my old Lothar pals as I can. Might will be playing classic in a casual capacity. We have around 20 of our original members coming back to play. Any of our old friends from Horde/Alliance The Claw, Demo, Black Watch, or any of our other friends are more than welcome. I see you still trolling the forums Uzziel if you do not have plans come play with us.

You can find me on discord
Flu#0259

Post the server name when you know it. Maybe I can sway the group of curmudgeons I am playing with into going there. The psychos are talking about going pvp but I dont think they understand the amount of griefing they are signing up for. It will be way worse than it was in vanilla with no battlegrounds (for a while).

I checked to see if Kout would play and start The Claw back up… he said he’d “rather wash dishes”.

We are playing on Mankrik Alliance PVE server.

Hey Uzziel! I’ll be alliance on Mankrik with Might as well. Working on getting some other vanilla horde players over there!

I will have to make a character on that server to pop in and say hi. I forgot Lothar was a EST server, so all you guys are EST people. All the rl friends I play with now are west coast/hawaii people so we are going to a PST server. At least I wont have to do 90 mph to get home in time for raids on a PST server. Plus they surprised me and decided to go horde for once!!!

Talking of old vanilla wow one of the larger guilds on lothar was knights of the alliance back in the grand old days. I remember people such as feathersong, and many others i ran with in some grand pvp fights on a pve server. I find it funny that some people seem to think that there was no world pvp back then.

does that server already have an all gnome/dwarf guild?
be a lot cooler if it did

1 Like

It is somewhat depressing to see so few old school Lothar players around. The forums are dead as a medium for communication in any meaningful way. That said, I’m still around (or again) because WFH for 16 months leaves me with too much time on my hands.

1 Like

Old school player here! Not well known but was around for all the server first. Was in Unified Order & Primordial Fury on Alliance and The Claw on my UD priest. Miss the old days and the sense of community this game use to have. Unfortunately classic doesn’t have that same feel. Definitely better than retail but still lacking.

Now that there are Classic servers, SOM servers, TBC servers - everything is too spread out. Maybe at some point, the community of players from back int he day could decide on a mega server to just “retire” on and play out our last living days together. You know…slow paced, trash talking on the forums, sending alt spies to guilds…all the good stuff missing from the game currently. Sadly I’m sure a lot of the people that played back in 2004/05/06 are loooong gone.

After a long time on sulfuras I had to xfer to Fairlina. Sulfuras was dead, they brought it back with free xfers and all that, but I am too invested in fairlina now.

Mained war in classic - (Tremenduos) - Swapped to rogue in TBC to try something dif in arenas (Phenomenall) now back to War for Wrath - over on Fairlina , same names. Feel free to add me - mostly on in mornings and late late night on weekends.

I’m back but I’m really bad at this game now. I went a week before noticing the shiny new polearm my guardian druid got was strength.