Classic is Overtuned

Whats with all these streamers claiming world firsts? Did they time travel back to 2004 or something?

Its just a joke. They are making fun of all the people claiming to be going for world first when classic is released.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, even I have to agree that Blizz needs to fix something. Level 30s not only taking on Herod, but also contending with another group of elite adds as well. Yeah something is messed up with that!!!

Thereā€™s nothing to fix. How would you suggest they fix something that isnā€™t broken?

Iā€™ll agree to disagree. Iā€™ve been playing since WoW first came out. I know stuff like that didnā€™t happen. But yes if you want to believe stuff like that happened, go ahead. Iā€™m stating my opinion on experience and yes I know memories arenā€™t always 100% accurate, but even seeing those two videos should have showed you somethings wrong. Go ahead believe what you want.

Show me whatā€™s wrong? Thereā€™s nothing to ā€œbelieveā€; these videos show that the damage is correct.

I did SM Cath w/ a group of 30s (like 28-34) in less good gear and it took us like 6 hours. They spent 9 mins on Herod w/ as BIS gear as you can get and an organized team and up to 15 years of WoW experience among each of them with the exception of Asmon for sure.

The numbers match and being delusional is your choice, but that certainly does not make you correct.

I did WC at level 10 or 12 with a group of equally low players and we finished that in just under 10 hours.

Iā€™ve also tanked Barron Geddon in an MC pug on Northdale at level 58, but I had decent FR. I didnā€™t have any issues with aggro and bosses were red level to me. The private servers are the place that people get their ā€œaccurateā€ information from where they gave a buff to the 5 man content and probably raids too. Oh and I also tanked Library in a pug at level 30 where mobs at the end were red level. Itā€™s not too farfetched for a premade group with voice comms, twink gear, and a good comp to clear Cathedral at level 30.

I didnā€™t level til later ( around AQ40) and very rarely did I see level 40ā€™s in Cathedral. The only time I really remember seeing one is if they had been unlucky on a drop and were still trying to get it. Most of the tanks were around 36 to 38 and I donā€™t remember it being any great struggle.

I still think many are remembering a time before all of the talent revamps and gear revamps and thinking it stayed that way.

Most Warriors for example had moved on to RFD by 40 because plate was dropping in there.

1 Like

Agreed. My first time in WC a few days or maybe a week after launch I thought that was the hardest possible content the game could possibly offer. Took us HOURS. This time leveling in Classic I expect to go through with minimal effort.

Well the only reason I come to this conclusion is that many of the thoughts just didnā€™t line up with my own experience. I mean take VC, yeah we wiped, but generally we were doing that place with people 16-18 which from what Iā€™ve seen around here is considered to be low. Same with SM where I rarely saw anyone above 38 in there. Seems like ZF was around 42-44, but that one is less memorable for me for some reason, might be because Im not a fan Trolls :stuck_out_tongue:

Its not over tuned at all. Classic WoW is factually playing at the EASIEST mode possible (patch 1.12).

1.12ā€™s better gear itemization, more powerful class abilities and more powerful make all the leveling content and the dungeons comically easy. No one is going to have a truly ā€œHARDā€ time with Classic WoW so long as they have a brain of some kind in their head.

1 Like

You know having a difference of OPINION is one thing, but being called delusional for itā€¦wow!

1 Like

Facts arenā€™t opinions. When your ā€œopinionā€ runs contrary to a fact, then itā€™s at best, misleading.

1 Like

Exactlyā€¦ people clearly do not remember the difference between launch and 1.12 and post 1.12

1 Like

Provide for me the evidence that 1.12 is not accurate and I will be happy to change my opinion. As it stands plenty of videos match up damage numbers that the margin of error matches.

Additionally they are using the actual historical archive of 1.12 as the framework for Classic. The issues they are facing with bugs are coming from merging new client with old client.

You also bring up something interesting. We all know that the high level items were buffed as time went on. That was documented. But What about low level dungeon items? I wonder if that ever happened.

In before someone says, if itā€™s not in the patch notes, it never happened lol.

2 Likes

This is an excellent point worthy of discussion! I honestly canā€™t remember myself and the last /played I had on my old rogue main in vanilla was 156 days.

1 Like

Not like it matters, but Iā€™m just curious. 1.12 will still be 1.12. Not unless Blizzard does low level itemization ā€œprogressionā€. LOL. I kid i kid.

I donā€™t know what level BiS is for tanking warriors ā€¦ anyone know? Maybe we can dig something up if something has changed. Although I donā€™t know how weā€™d be able to go back in time to look at that up if itā€™s not in patch notes.

1 Like

Did you even play vanilla?

Mage blizzard bomb kiting 10+ mobs was common and not for ā€œhighly skilled playersā€.

2 Likes