Classic is Overtuned

Lower Black Rock Spire is intended to be 5 manned, the quests can only be accomplished in a 5 man party.

Upper Black Rock Spire(behind the locked door) is a 10 man raid zone, the quests are raid enabled, always have been.

UBRS was commonly 15+ manned before Blizzard hard capped it at 15, although they said at the time that it should have been capped at 10, which they ultimately did in patch 1.10.

You five manned UBRS wearing what? T2+ gear?

UBRS was tuned to be a 10 man from the day the game was launched. It’s why in 1.10 the patch notes say the instance was capped at 10 players while every other end-game instance was capped at 5.

1 Like

Uh. I played a warlock in vanilla. I used to run around casting dots on big groups of mobs and then life drain/fear/pet tank them to death.

Your lack of knowledge about the game is hilarious.

2 Likes

So where’s all that irrefutable video evidence you claimed to have?

Still waiting. Cuz guess what, they tested one, low level, world elite.

So either 1.12 was nerfed into the ground compared to 1.1, which may be the case, or they’ve got the numbers wrong. If the former then we’re not getting the vanilla experience… which is their stated intention.

Complaining about Rethilgore’s damage in SFK. Getting hit for around 22:

Level 24 Warrior in 2006, getting hit for around 18:

I’ve done the same fact checking for other bosses and mobs, there is no disparity in the damage values between Classic and 2006 Vanilla WoW.

Rhahk’zor is a boss in Deadmines.

1 Like

Maybe the OP never played Vanilla, and does not realize the difficulty level. --OR-- Maybe he did play it and was no good at it.

Either way the OP probably needs to step up his game.

Quit crying because it’s too hard for you.

1 Like

Welcome to classic.
It is working as intended and a lot of folks beleive the numbers blizzard is using makes the game to easy.

CC is required for most of the dungeons. Nothing is overtuned.

Sorry if someone already covered this, but UBRS was originally a capped 15-man dungeon. At Patch 1.10.0, it was lowered to a 10-man cap. It wasn’t until Cataclysm, Patch 4.0.3, that it was nerfed into a 5-man.

World First quality players? Oh, you’re diggin’ hard with that one aren’tcha sport? I truly hope you’re trolling.

This is true, even just farming for mats at max level for your flask for the next week raid was done within the guild and top raiders would group up to farm the said mats together so that it would take the minimum amount of time doing so because some of the mats where located near max level mobs and a player could not solo 3 or 4 of them at the same time so you had to have friends to do so in a efficient way. Because you don’t want to have to farm for a full week just to raid again for a small chance for a piece of gear.

His literal career is to play wow.

1 Like

Bro, I don’t care what a streamer does, or if they wipe. Y’all got to learn the Classic community doesn’t care what a streamer does.

Hell, turn the difficulty up some more! Make my day!

You must be trolling. We always ran ubrs as a 10 man in vanilla. Lbrs is 5. Ubrs is most definitely 10.

I dont think bosses are undertuned. Did people actually wipe on low level dungeon bosses? Thinking back, pretty much every wipe was because of accidentally pulling extra trash.

I’m sorry if you guys were trash tier back then, but most players did it in a 5 man. Maybe now you won’t suck so much.

I don’t agree with the OP one bit, but those players were super twinked.

Don’t underestimate sheer stats.

Edit: Just realized how old this post is. Nevermind.

No, don’t overtune or undertune it.

AsmonGold and Esfand and Mcconnel were able to do SM (with Herod in it, the oen that whirlwind) at lvl 30 when the adds were level 39 … if you think that is overtune for you … you are hella wrong.

It was originally made for 10-15 i think and they tuned it down to 5-10.

2 Likes

I’m not going to say UBRS was impossible to do as a 5 man back in the day, even in blue gear.

I just don’t see why anyone would have bothered to do so on any kind of regular basis(aside from “for the challenge”). Those clears would have to take a very long time to do, and the boss encounters would have to be a total bear at points.

UBRS was designed to be 10 manned from the day it was implemented, so somebody going in with 5 players in non-epic gear is simply asking for pain. It’s like clearing MC with roughly 25 players instead of 40 at level 60. Is it possible? Sure, did most people do that? No, they did not.

You’re either remembering a PServer anomaly, or remembering things incorrectly. 5 Man UBRS in blues was not “a common occurence” while Vanilla was live for Retail.

1 Like

Maybe if you didn’t play on a server full of braindead morons and played on Illidan-US, you would know that most did it as a 5 man.