Classic is helping me stay sober

Congrats man! As someone who struggled with a severe stimulant abuse addiction in the past it can definitely be a lot to handle. Look out for the people that check up on you even when you look like you’re doing okay - those are the ones that I felt truly cared and helped me out the most.

But word of warning, apparently you’ll want to stay away from GDKP’s in classic. ‘https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/gdkps-can-act-like-a-gateway-drug/1273196’

Congrats brother, I’m proud of you.

I’ve had friends go through the same and it isn’t something I’d wish on anyone. Sending you mad love and good vibes.

normally no-lifing wow drives people TO drink, but okay, you realise that you’ve just traded one unhealthy addiction for another, right? its your addictive mindset that needs to change bro.

Congratulations on your first steps, OP, and best wishes for all the future steps.

1 Like

You seem like the kind of person to tell people with depression to “just go on a walk and you’ll feel a ton better“ or people who struggle with anxiety to “just calm down”.

People who have struggled with addiction obviously know they have an addictive personality and that they need to resolve that, so telling them that they’ve just switched one addiction for another and that they need to fix their addictive personality is like, the stupidest thing you could say.

7 Likes

Gratz to the OP.

Though I wonder at which point the game will drive you to drinking. This really isnt a good game for people looking to avoid stress as its filled with plenty of players often referred to as that hole on a persons bottom. I only say this as a person who suffers and takes Dr prescribed medication for Anxiety and Depression. Often which isnt strong enough to deal with the players in this game…

Just don’t invest so much in what other players are about, man. haha

It’s just buttons

dont put words in my mouth, you dont know what you’re talking about, and you ought to apologise for even questioning me. Even OP’s first post is a cry for help, the TRUTH about his situation is what matters, especially to those lost to addiction like OP.

He should be going to AA meetings or something frankly, not playing this anything more than casually.

If you don’t understand how a video game and alcohol are in completely different leagues of addiction, please don’t comment. It’s clear you’ve never had to deal with alcoholism. It is a vicious disease and comparing it to a video game is insulting.

2 Likes

if you dont understand the nuance in what i posted, you have no business commenting here, reread what i wrote until you figure it out, i can’t help you more. You and everyone else here needs to stop virtue signaling on the internet, white lies and cringy seal-clapping doesnt help anyone.

Legitimately the most cringe-worthy post I’ve read in at least a year, so congrats on that one.

Hilariously ironic you go off on a tirade about how not to put words in your mouth yet you’re doing that to OP by stating things like “even OP’s first post is a cry for help”. And “apologize for even questioning me” just screams insecurity, but alright.

AA can be useful, sure. So can other support groups, such as in-game communities in WoW.

4 Likes

im just gonna requote myself because debating with you two is essentially competing in the special olympics and i have better things to do. I hope OP gets actual help from useful people in the future.

OP here. Name changed from server transfer. You’re an idiot.

2 Likes

Have you tried drinking and playing though. It can be fun too.

Let’s make a toast for OP.

1 Like

Yeah I used to play drunk. I used to do everything drunk. Alcohol doesn’t end up being something you do for fun when you are an alcoholic man.

2 Likes

It’s easy to tell which posters have never struggled with alcoholism or have never seen a loved one struggle with alcoholism. Keep it up OP! You’re doing the right thing! Wow your heart out, sober of course :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you. Day 17!

4 Likes

congrats dude. dont queue arena

1 Like

Eh. Losing in a video game is definitely on the bottom of my list as a possible relapse trigger. Thank you though.

1 Like