Classic honor ranks

Ok cool, thank you for the info greatly appreciated.

There was a huge controversy before Classic launched about this, a lot of people were upset that the unarmored epic mounts wouldn’t be in but Blizzard was adamant about it.

Did Blizz have an actual reason for not putting in the original mounts or did they do what they usually do and herp derp. They could have at least offered us the chance to get the original mounts.

IIRC it was something about not cheapening it for those who still the mounts in retail.

Honor is used like a ladder ranking. It compares all honor earned for the week by your faction to place you in order. Then that order determines how many rank points you earn for the week. The top gets 13,000 rank points. It requires a certain amount of rank points to get to each rank. The maximum you can do in one week from 0 is to rank 4. So going to rank 3 is decent. The minimum time required to go from 0 to 14 is 12 weeks, if you are at the top every single week and receive 13,000 rank points weekly.

Pvp ranking is slow.

1 Like

Give it two weeks and people who don’t have 16+ hours to play wow all day will realize that the ranks are the opposite of impressive and start bashing people with high rank rather than fawning over it. People may want the top rank and the gear that comes with it, but only clueless people are impressed by it.

1 Like

Ok cool thx both of you but especially Dot that was the best explanation on rank points I’ve seen and I’ve been on google looking thank you so much.

because its their 15 year old game. They do what they want, and do not have to care 1 cent about your intitled opinions on THEIR GAME.

play this old broken game some of us love or find something new.

And still not a viable answer. Actually I figured they caved into the players that had the “Ancient” Saber. Blizz folded like a lawn chair gave into the little snowflakes, all good.

You cannot jump several ranks in one week even if you place #1 in standing for the week. There are systems in place that ensure a minimum amount of weeks to progress rankings.

Not true, I remember jumping several ranks in Vanilla, I do remember that distinctly.

1 Like

With max rank progression being mentioned, we all know why honor got nerfed in AC back in the day.

When I got close to Marshal I remember even being toward the top of my server with honor, it would still take several weeks to get through the rank.

soooo you actually thought on getting R14?
ignorance is a bliss my child do not do that to yourself

I was about 3 weeks out from getting Grand Marshal in Vanilla before BC came out and the honor system changed, I can do eeeeeeeet.

All of OPs posts are just:

1 Like
  1. Lay off the Fox News.
  2. The armored mounts were added midway through vanilla. This is the 1.12 patch. Do the math.

Try getting to level 60 first

Bro, you were never getting the weapons anyway, don’t kid yourself.

1 Like

ITT: Someone starts trying to rank a month after the honor system is released and is upset they can’t magically catch up to everyone that started a month ago.