Classic has become P2W, will TBC as well?

im naxx geared and i only use gold i gained from GDKP to buy items. Never bought gold and never will.

Why do people assume that you have to buy gold to do GDKP runs? you get 1500-2000g per naxx gdkp, in 2-3 runs you can buy 1 big item or a few small items.

Yes there are a few people that will buy gold for gdkp (pretty obvious), but from my experience, its only like 1-2 people per raid.

Again, you DONT have to buy gold to run GDKP. If people pay 100k for an item, you get a share of that to bid on later items, its the most fair system in my experience so far. No drama, no loot council corruptions.

1 Like

I’m so confused by your post.

How can you be Naxx geared when Naxx has only been out for the amount of time you said it takes to be able to afford a few items.

Did you mean you just have gear from Naxx?

1 Like

I’m hoping the buyers, botters, and boosters move to Burning Crusade.

2 Likes

They likely will, as will 90%+ of the community.

ok so youre saying wow classic is unofficially pay to win. thats fine. just be more clear next time. also thats just your opinion.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-tos-where-can-i-find-it/573976/2

1 Like

pay to win?

really?

i didnt spend a dime to go 15/15 naxx the first week because I was on a team.

if you hate being on a team… then sure maybe wow looks like P2W for you.

but then again if you hate being on a team then wow just isnt for you and you should go somewhere else

2 Likes

hahahahahahaha

4 Likes

ez comment “blizz bad”

If you think that paying to not play the game to get your goals done is the way to do things then I feel bad for you.
I will always take atleast some pride in my achievements simply because they’re mine.

1 Like

jUsT IgNoRe ThE rAmPaNt uNpUnIsHed ChEaTiNG iN THiS MuLTiPlaYeR GAmE

Brainlet take

9 Likes

You cant pay to win in arena. You can get a decent coach or a carry but that will only take you so far. Unless you’re giving out your account information good luck.

you’re getting the gold that people paid for though? artificially inflating the prices and the practice of gdkp? your whole post is so pointless.

3 Likes

Buying runs has been big in retail for awhile, and the only thing I remember them doing is letting you report the ads in the LFG tool.

1 Like

TBC will be pay to win just as much. Credit card swiping in PvE and PvP will be around no doubt.

4 Likes

Good luck ranking in a super competitive environment where skill matters by paying money.

Seems like a you problem, never bought gold or botted and I’m doing just fine.

3 Likes

Im sorry but have we played the same game? The balance in TBC is just as much of a joke as it is in WotlK and classic. That hilarious notion that Arena is skill and anything else is not is just laughable.

I remember when all the trash druids suddenly “got good at the game” and when Blizzard had no idea wether to balance it around 5v5, 2v2 or 3v3 and even when they finally decided on one bracket, they still had a trashy pvp balance at their hand.

Arena = skill, my god they really managed to drill that in so many players. Kudos to them. Instead of inventing fun and exciting BGs or push the world pvp they created the foolish narrative that suddenly arena meant skill. Putting 4/6 ppl in the same room only to see the same comps dominating the season and calling it a day is such a joke.

Or enjoy your skill play in TBC when you are on Isle of queldanas with your season 2 gladiator gear murdering 5 PvEers in a row because neither of em has any resilience and therefor is just canonfodder to you. About the same amount of skill as going into STV on your 60 and murdering a bunch of 30s.

6 Likes

If you think people are going to get to the top ratings without skill, even playing the broken comps (which they all will be), then you never did high rated Arena. If you think PvP in vanilla requires skill to get to R14, you are completely wrong.

PvP gear isn’t hard to get in TBC and is rightfully the best in PVP.

1 Like

The paradox of modern gaming is that gamers claim they hate pay to win, but will always do it, and if the game does not allow it, they invent their own system to do so.

I’m going to have to do a “back in muh day” with saying that back when gold buying was frowned upon and those that did so were mocked and shamed. It didn’t stop it, but the stigma made fewer people do it. Now people literally don’t care, not even Blizzard, when people openly announce they bought gold or other RMTs.

4 Likes