Classic Hardcore and Griefing

Here’s a good example of what’s to come.

Solution: Both players need to be flagged for one to attack the other.

If only one person is flagged, it should not be possible to attack them unless you are also flagged.

See the big dragon?

Solution: The mob should reset when leaving its original zone.

This mechanic already exists with specific mobs and should apply for all mobs.

3 Likes

How boring does wow have to be for people to do this? Driving to work everyday is boring so Monday I will try blindfolded.

13 Likes

Those things are a part of the game. Why should Blizzard change game mechanics to accomodate a small group of people playing with their own self imposed rules?

8 Likes

IKR? Imagine permadeath in RPGs, such a crazy idea… Imagine now that some people have different tastes, for instance some don’t play WoW as slaves of the gear treadmill endgame cycle… WOA calm dawn, your brain is smelting already, these are hard concepts to grasp, go easy boy… lol

Because Blizz will make Hardcore servers for these small group of people, so OP is giving rules/changes ideas in the general discussion forum.

What is wrong with you people?

1 Like

WoW’s seamless world would stop being seamless if zones acted that way.

3 Likes

Other people’s children…

It isn’t. What exactly are you on about? Carelessly flagging oneself isn’t griefing. Safe-spotting guards is reportable as terrain abuse and unless someone’s uncovered a new application of inappropriately turning neutral guards hostile a-la Warlock Infernal there’s nothing that allows a unflagged player to become flagged against their will.

4 Likes

Because it’s Hardcore and you will potentially lose hundreds to a thousand+ hours of time investment in a character. Once your character is dead it’s gone.

Did you watch the clip? The only person flagged for PvP is the stealthed lvl 2 Rogue on the flight path. Shannon isn’t flagged for PvP but was able to attack the rogue who’s only purpose is to grief.

What don’t you understand? Shannon wasn’t flagged for PvP but was forced into it with mis click. Shannon shouldn’t have to engage in PvP unless Shannon also flags.

Skill issue. If you do not want to get flagged do not attack enemy players. Misclick = your issue not everyone else’s.

6 Likes

you can literally put the option to leftclick to interact with npcs. The death should have counted, because it was absolutely avoidable. Its based on a keybind.

I also love people crying about it. The only reason HC has any short lived popularity is because of stuff like this. People dying for dumb reasons. Take it away and you might as well kill the project sooner than it will die off anyway.

9 Likes

Check the box to enable the ‘interact on left click’ option. Start left clicking all NPC characters. This will prevent that mistake.

4 Likes

This is what makes classic, classic, yes?

1 Like

So you think the griefing is acceptable and when it happens on Hardcore it will be okay?

Make no mistake if those changes aren’t made many will die to it and lose significant time investment and there are no appeals.

Isn’t that what you opt into by playing Hardcore? If you don’t like the consequences, why play it on that mode?

5 Likes

Griefing’s only purpose is to waste your time due to old game mechanics, its not a natural death through playing the game normally.

If non PvP realms are to be consensual PvP only, the way to fix this is to prevent being able to attack another player unless BOTH players are flagged. If only one person is flagged and you can attack them when you didn’t want to PvP it’s not consensual. They purposely get in positions to force you into PvP.

It’s not only flight masters but standing ontop of mobs aswell. Rogues hide near a mob you are about to attack and have you misclick and attack them.

I don’t think someone’s Death should come from gimmicky stuff like being forced into PvP or a Dragon being kited from multiple zones away. It should come through their own mistakes or RNG in the Hardcore journey.

1 Like

yes, its parts of the game. And in the video above they basically instantly removed the death count anyway.

They shouldn’t have because that death was avoidable, by just rebinding the interaction button with NPCs to left click.

But streamer privilege I guess. I hope he knows that technically his char died and this whole HC charade is phony.

7 Likes

Thank you for posting a great example of player agency and emergent player behavior. There are no changes needed here. Carry on.

4 Likes

Leave it as it is, if you get griefed, you get griefed. This person here attacked someone, got flagged and died… That’s all, he didn’t die to Teremus so why are you asking for mobs to be zone specific? Sure the reason he flagged himself is because he didn’t want to die to Teremus but he died to guard because of a misclick.

Him saying it doesn’t count is is cope, take the death and move on.

Doesn’t matter, it’s what you signed up for with wanting to play hardcore in WoW. You get all of the aspects of it, you shouldn’t get to say I want this changed because it could kill my character.

Normally being what? Something that alines with what you deem to be normal gameplay? It’s an MMO, it’d be a boring MMO if everyone only did what you think is normal.

3 Likes

wah wah wah
avoiding the griefers is half the fun

1 Like

I see nothing wrong with that clip. He right click auto attacked an orc and got rekt by the guards. That’s just a basic game mechanic.

But more importantly it would be so cool to see a giant dragon in Booty Bay. What server is this? This looks awesome

1 Like