(Classic) Game freezes graphically upon getting an HK

Title, basically. I’m not sure exactly what happens but upon getting an honorable kill my game seems to freeze visually. For example pressing escape makes a sound effect, so this would suggest that the game is otherwise running fine. Anyone else experiencing this? Game seems otherwise normal

2 Likes

Yes! I’ve been waiting for someone else to have this issue. Are you on a Mac, by chance? Same happens to me, as soon as I or someone in my group scores an HK my UI starts blinking in and out and then freezes, The game is still going on, I can hear combat, I can hear myself getting killed, but the UI is freaked out. Just started happening today after the honor system became live.

Edit: I disabled all mods and set my graphics to 50% and the issue persists. It’s 100% repeatable.

Good to know I’m not alone! & yes I am on a Mac, lets go a step further, what graphics card are you using? Im using a GTX 750 Ti, running off the Nvidia web drivers, you?

GeForce GTX 960 with web drivers, though I don’t think it’s a graphics issue, per se, more of a UI issue. It’s like it keeps replaying the same updates until it finally freezes (the UI, not the video or computer). Doing a “console /reloadui” forces the UI to rebuild, but the issue is still there afterward.

Blizz, if you’re reading this, let’s do a webex and I’ll share screen.

Hmm, are you using any Razer peripherals? Reminds me of an issue I had a few years back with SCII, game would freeze in a similar style, eventually got patched

No Razer. Hopefully it’s hitting all Macs so we can get a patch. the game’s unplayable now because you can’t fight back.

Yeah exactly, I guess I’ll come back during prime time and see if anyone else is having this issue.

Same issue here. Any fix you’ve found?

1 Like