Classic + from a Boomer

Old Boomer here, been playing since 04’. Just wanted to send my thoughts for a classic + experience that IMO would be fun, engaging, and immersive without changing the classic experience " too much ".

1. Do not change class talents except maybe add taunt for a couple of classes

2. Add a dynamic crafting system where master crafters can make flawless quality weapons that are rare and hard to aquire. DOAC use to have this and it was a great feature that kept an engaged crafting scene active for the entirety of the game. A 100% quality item was extremely rare, where as 99% was very good and so on.

3. Add more engaging class quests with better rewards every 10 levels with an epic ending quest at 60.

4. More leveling zones with new quests and story lines.

5. New music scores ( one of the greatest music scores ever is wow classic ).

6. Meeting stones that can summon

7. open world PvP and PvE events

8. New 20 and 40 man raid.

9. Add two races " possibly " Goblin and High Elves.

I think these changes would still keep classic, well… classic, whilst also creating new and engaging paths for our characters and still keep us imersed with that classic feeling we love.

2 Likes

All nice ideas for seasonal. Good luck with that!
Please do not tack these onto Era.

3 Likes

He’s not talking about either ERA or SOD, from what I read. This is for a NEW Classic+ version that would be separate from both.

Classic ERA should not be (nor should it have been) changed at all. I would be interested in playing Classic+ with these changes, but I will never play a seasonal server.

2 Likes

I like most of your ides op except leaving specs alone. Theres some specs like ret for example that needs changes so people juet dont laugh at then when they try to find groups.

2 Likes

A lot of these ideas sound very similar to those of a certain massive Classic+ private server (that I shall not explicitly name just to be safe but I’m sure you know.) Maybe next time Blizz tries to remaster Classic as they did with SoM and SoD they’ll take one out of this private server’s books, especially considering that Blizzard clearly knows the demand for a full-on Classic+ server, shown by how they recently took down the entire channel behind this private server after they announced a revamped WoW client on Unreal Engine.

It would be beneficial for both SoD players (or Classic+ players if you will for now) and Classic Era players if any further version of these “Classic+” development models we’ve seen in SoM and SoD comes to light to have a separated Vanilla client. Having the seasonal servers be on the same client as Era hinders a lot of what Blizzard can add to the base game.

2 Likes

Agreed and it doesn’t hurt to reiterate that for the Classic team.
None of this for Classic Era please and thank you.

2 Likes

I’d love to have a Classic plus, and your ideas are good. I’d actually give it a go.
It’d be nice to give changes players a place to focus their energy on rather than trying to push more changes on Era/hardcore.
I’d suggest for the project get its own client to prevent any further unintended mistakes to occur on the Era servers. Stop being cheap Blizz.

1 Like

SOD is classic+. Everyone thinking classic+ would somehow magically be better, despite being made by the same team, is dreaming. SOD is the best they can do.