Classic Era Vanilla - Fresh Server Needed

Its been proven that Blizzard is unable to provide a balanced PVP system in SOD. Everything is catered to the PVE aspect of the game. Somehow Vanilla’s foundation was used to create a game thats get your stuff, get done… wait till next phase.

Its sortve become redundant because its the same story every phase. Its literally a conditioning program for retail WoW.

Why not a Fresh Server that stops bots and GDKP like SOD?

Why not?

Look I understand there is a niche crowd for SoD and there is also a niche crowd for vanilla.

but Vanilla is played different than any other version of WoW blizzard…

its literally Monopoly… once everything in the game has been bought and everything has been done… then its time to re-roll it again. Thats why Vanilla keeps going year after year.

So clear the board for us Blizzard… idc if its a phasing board… or just everything is waiting at the top. Its the journey there… just as much as it is the end game.

4 Likes

Fresh Era server on 2 year cycle would be perfect.

5 Likes

I said this months ago.

I personally would not be interested in fresh vanilla, but I would appreciate the players it would bring to Era after they transfer them in after they reach Naxx phase. There was a big population increase in Era when SoM ended.

1 Like

Blizzard should take 2 years off seasonal to actually spend some time and money to make a good seasonal server. And run a fresh vanilla in the mean time. But also yah my personal preference is 2 year fresh cycle on repeat feeding to era

1 Like

Would play on a fresh classic server with no (er fewer) bots and limited GDKP in a heart beat.

I was really looking forward to Season of Discovery but was sad when it mostly became a game of “get runes, do raid”. I was hoping for more hidden quest lines or weird gear that made exploring the world in new ways interesting.

I would be so down to play this

says the WOODDEPARTMENT guy …

There’s a “Fresh Server Movement” on the Deviate Delight NA server for Era.
We all want fresh servers - to a point where the guilds are called “We Want Fresh” on Horde and “Refresh” on Alliance.
There’s another post on the forums that explains it very well, and we’re posting regular updates to reddit.

• We’re working together cross-faction to report botters. So there are currently zero bots on the Horde side and only 5 on Alliance. Project has been going for about a month now and has a few hundred people on both sides.
  • The two guilds are working together to keep GDKP discouraged. There’s a guild economy on each side, but it mostly exists in discord and COD mail instead of the AH, because it’s all within one guild. However, we’re also using the neutral AH to swap pally gear for shaman gear or to buy patterns/recipes we can’t find easily.

So, there’s definitely a demand for fresh servers. This isn’t supposed to be a recruitment comment. More just pointing out that there are hundreds of people fleeing Whitemane/SoD/Cata prepatch or sick of losing hardcore characters. If they launched fresh era servers tomorrow, it would be instantly successful. I just feel like it’s being held back until they need a last resort.
I’m sure that we’d have more move over to DD if it wasn’t low-population. The low-pop scares some people off. A fresh server launch would fix this completely.

Edit: I put a < around the guild names and it made them disappear. changed to "

1 Like