Classic Era Ideas

• Merge more realms together, all pve, all pvp, all rp / rppvp (idk how those would work)
  • Make WB Quests Repeatable
  • Naxx Invasion Event Seasonal for Tabard and more to do

Open to suggestions to add to the list

<3

6 Likes

Making the Ony/Nef head and Heart of Hakkar repeatable is fine really but don’t era servers get a buff on a set timer now?

There isn’t really much you can do on a permanent server that’s meant to remain unchanged as any suggestions would only really fit into SoM.

I agree and support

The only change that’s explicitly forbidden in Classic Era is progression into TBC/WOTLK/etc. Era is free to develop in any number of ways with that sole restriction.

Not that I am aware of, perhaps those are the Asian servers?

Do one of the two:
Remove WBs
or
Make raids harder

Not both.

Also don’t release R14 gear in P1.

And yea, maybe only make like 4 realms instead of 40.

And make it longer than a year. Feel like BWL just launched and they’re already releasing AQ.

2 Likes

m8 this thread is discussing Classic Era not Season of Mastery

3 Likes

You right you right my fault.

Well in that case yeah, merge all the servers into 2.

And start 1 or 2 fresh servers for the folks who wanna start over on a classic server without 1) all the SoM nonsense and 2) competing with players that have already advanced through most of the content.

3 Likes

Get rid of that clone tax!!!

8 Likes

I mean, Classic Era is meant to be an unchanged version of the game as it was. Can’t really do anything with that.

SoM however is free to changes.

1 Like

Truth.
And I’m glad for SoM because it represents the fact that #somechanges won over the #nochanges crowd.
All you have to do is log in to ClassicEra(#nochanges) and see a dead game in every server, then log in to SoM(#somechanges), and see people playing.
Granted not as alive as TBC classic, but the point is that people don’t want a stagnant game.

If it were up to the #nochanges crowd, there would still be spell batching in ClassicEra, and they’d legitimately like it, those weirdos.
This 3% of the population can stay in their stagnant servers with their mage boosted characters and stare at the ground.

1 Like

Nonsense. Classic Era is meant to be the version of WoW that doesn’t go down retail’s path. That’s it. The “No Changes” argument is a red herring that doesn’t have a leg to stand on in the first place since there are countless deviations of CE from the actual, original, vanilla launch. Furthermore it’s a tired stereotype that non Classic Era players use to pigeon-hole and dismiss the CE community as a whole. By chatting on these forums or in-game with CE players it is clear that the community would respond positively to changes to their slice of Azeroth, provided that it remains Azeroth.

I agree. Same Azeroth with classic + and horizontal progression is poggers!

1 Like

OP I’m with you on all three of those bullets. The ambitious, high development-cost bullets I would add:

• Classic Era Phase 7: Timbermaw Hold
  • Classic Era Phase 8: Kharazan Crypts
  • Classic Era Phase 9: The Emerald Dream
2 Likes

The “All you have to do is log in to ClassicEra(#nochanges) and see a dead game in every serve” part I addressed. If they simply just merged all realms into 3 sections it would look "more alive’ than it is, since its all too much spread out.

Heres and idea…Nobody cares, classic era will never work. The only possibility for it working is to have events that rotate for example have a AQ 1 time a year in january where a Heroic version of the raid comes out with upgraded loot. That would give people a reason to play it but with a stale end game with no new stuff to try and attain or goals in anyway it will never work. Every 3 months they release the old raids again and again and just make them harder and upgraded gear and people have a reason to play.

add season of masterys difficult raids into classic era after som as heroic mode having heroic drop more loot from some bosses. also make debuff limit toggleable on and off leaving it on will also give more loot.

Most players have 60s and only log into them to raid. Nobody farms or makes alts anymore because of the lack of support from the rest of the players base, i.e. no equipment or supplies available on the AH.
The only solution I think would work, is 1 new PVP server and 1 new PVE server. Everyone would start new characters and the AH would fill up again. Then Blizz just needs to leave them alone. I support your suggestion for seasonal events.

You don’t need the AH to farm OR to level.

1 Like

No, you don’t “need” it. But its a lot more fun and interesting, which is the point of playing a game. Without the AH, the game feels like a single player with online chat.

they should merge all the realms down to 1 pve and 1 pvp and bring us tbc merging all tbc era realms to 1 pvp and 1 pve. give us reoccurring aq and naxx events yearly. make the clone price go on sale very often and down to under 5$ sometimes. som raids in era as heroic and debuff limit toggleable on or off increasing ur loot drops. and repeatable wb drop quest.

1 Like