Classic-era ARM64 runs great with Project Renegade and Windows 10 on OnePlus 6

I have no screenshots and already redid my phone back to Android, but it was a fun experience! I had to turn the rendering resolution down, but it was running 50-60 FPS on a Qualcomm SDM845.

I am impressed at the tech team offering a native Windows ARM64 build, and even having everything hooked up for it to just-work without even knowing! The entire process of installing Battle.net and getting in-game on WoW was plug-and-play regardless of the duct-tape command-line mess I had to do to even get Windows running on completely unsupported hardware :stuck_out_tongue:

Notes:

• Battle.net client and installer runs win32 and I guess runs as-is through a x86 layer provided by Windows (it works on 10 and isn’t 11-exclusive)
  • I restored Classic WoW from a backup made on win64; the Battle.net client patched it and switched it to ARM64 no problem
  • DX11, DX11 Legacy, and DX12 worked fine, but DX12 got glitchy after changing a setting, and I’m surprised it worked at all since dxdiag reported only DX11
  • There’s a video of someone running retail WoW with controller attachments on a OnePlus 7(T?) with Windows 11 also with Project Renegade, and that looks like a way more practical way to play WoW (I had a USB 3 dock and wired keyboard/mouse); I only tested Classic-era but can’t see why WotLK/Cata, Retail, or PTRs would be any different

General info:

• OnePlus 6 is an older Android phone (I have the 128GB storage/8GB RAM model)
  • Project Renegade is a project that provides a UEFI bootloader for certain devices to boot other operating systems, and in this case allows a OnePlus 6 to boot Windows
  • I used Windows 10 LTSC 21H2; any other ARM64 edition of 10 or 11 should be similar

I don’t think I’ll be doing the set-up again (got my curiosity fill and the set-up has too many missing features for my main phone), but I’d like for this to be a reference for anyone else interested in trying! I’ve been wanting to try this for months and didn’t see anyone else go into details (I have more non-WoW install notes about this on a XDA forum thread).