Classic Era 1.14.4 PvP Update Schedule

Really? you should…anyone lower than 10 levels anyway.

You are assuming it would return to its highest lifetime rank.

This warrior for instance is rank 8 right now from all the Wpvp over the last month or so, is he going to instantly jump to 11 (highest I did in 2019-2020)?

I dont think it means this at all. I think it means the little bottom section of your “lifetime” highest things gets retained.

I play alts every week and never run into this issue.

I dont know where you sheep are getting farmed while leveling. Maybe stay out of searing gorge? Only place I can think of where 60s are killing like level 50 people regularly.

Huge W keeping current rank. Man.

1 Like

Im not complaining… I’ve leveled 2 60’s and currently have a lv50 char. I have yet to be camped by a 60. Now, I have been killed by some, but never camped.

Called it.

Awesome move. Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

Yeah… I mean I couldn’t tell from the wording.

I’m trying to be positive and happy as most people are. I’m definitely ok with keeping things as they are. I found ranking on the old system to be fun, and I did it because I enjoyed doing it back then, and not for other reasons some people assume. So I won’t be mad if the lifetime rank just shows in the honor tab and the title doesn’t even stay, but I know a few people wanted the title. I just won’t rank my hunter again so that part is all good. Less time wasted for me.

I’m happy for those who were in the middle of ranking because the original blue post made it look like that was all going to be reset, so it’s mostly a win for those guys.

I do not think they have mentioned anything about changing the way your title display works. You cant even choose to turn it off atm lol.

Reading it over you’re probably right that it’s just the display on the tab that was always there.

I don’t care about the title. In fact, I think it’s more fun to have the gear on a low rank, but I know a few people were really wanting that.

So yeah I’ll probably still wait for the next season to really PVP where I can binge there. For now, I don’t need to eat the candy on the top shelf that others have been eyeballing and getting strangely jealous over others having because I already ate a bunch of it.

Its done in a way that you dont have to binge anything…

I understand that’s what people like about the change although even the 500k/750k/whatever grind at the end will bug some people. I expect to see whining threads about just that when people hit the higher ranks.

I already know I’ll be binging the next season though, I’m taking a break now so I can do just that. I enjoy binging with fresh releases and the like a lot and there are plenty of ways to do that in Classic WoW despite it not looking like it.

2 Likes

People will whine about most anything except this time their complaints will be unfounded whereas one could air some legitimate grievances and criticism towards the original Vanilla ranking system.

2 Likes

They will. I could see complaining about both the set honor cap and premades.

In all honesty, I could understand some of the gripes before but I found those old threads really engaging. This forum is ok as it is but when I got to the Wrath one it’s like a wall of boring topics.

1 Like

If you’re in the middle of ranking in WoW Classic Era, you may want to take that timeframe into account before continuing. If you’re about to start ranking a character, you may not have enough time to hit Rank 14 before the patch arrives and your progress is lost…

For example, if you were 90% into Rank 12 on August 15, there’s a high chance you will not be 90% into Rank 12 when you log in on August 22. You may have decayed down to 0% of rank 12 (or close to it).

The maximum amount of CP a player may lose due to decay is 2500 [the same as the old system]. Even if you didn’t PvP at all that week, why would you go from 90% to 0%? I’m confused can anyone explain?

Probably just covering their butts in case there are issues going from one system to the next.

When you miss 1 week of PvP at the higher ranks, you should lose exactly half of a rank. 90% into rank 12 → 40% into rank 12.

Sales 101. Underpromise, over-deliver. Better to tell people to expect to end up at 0% and then they will be pleasantly surprised when they log in and see they’re 40% through rank 12. Do it the other way around (tell them to expect 40%, and then they log in and see 0%) and now you have a bunch of angry customers on your hands!

4 Likes

Thank you. I agree it sounds like they are hedging. When I was rank 11 and 2nd in standing on my server not only did I not progress I actually decayed because of lack of participation. So this is a good thing If you don’t want to constantly server transfer. It has nothing to do with server population but faction participation. You can be on a 99% Horde PvP active dominated server and you would decay in rank at bracket 13 if only 2 active Alliance members are participating.

During work hours on a weekday suddenly transfers opened allowing only Alliance to transfer off my server and close again shortly after. So really they say “…you may not have enough time…” you could not have ever known that anyway.

1 Like

“Their Mafia” lol.

Just play more than they do

They don’t have a Mafia you’re just lazy

1 Like

Wait, shouldn’t our current rating be set to our lifetime high if you aren’t going to reset? I just ate 4 weeks of decay because you told us that our rating was getting reset.

1 Like

When I read honor reset I thought start over.

This patch will completely reset all current honor system ranking progress on all Classic Era realms when it’s released.

• If you’re about to start ranking a character, you may not have enough time to hit Rank 14 before the patch arrives and your progress is lost.

Something that should be so simple to communicate [when they actually do] leave us with more questions than answers. You and I aren’t the only ones confused brother.

1 Like

Same. It’s actually some top tier trolling on blizzard’s part to change their mind a few days before the final ranking calculation. I don’t actually need any of the r13-14 gear but many people do. I bet there’s a ton of people who ate that 1 month of decay (soon to be 6 weeks) and don’t even know about blizzard’s flip flop yet lol.

4 Likes