Classic Era 1.14.4 PvP Update Schedule

Reading it over you’re probably right that it’s just the display on the tab that was always there.

I don’t care about the title. In fact, I think it’s more fun to have the gear on a low rank, but I know a few people were really wanting that.

So yeah I’ll probably still wait for the next season to really PVP where I can binge there. For now, I don’t need to eat the candy on the top shelf that others have been eyeballing and getting strangely jealous over others having because I already ate a bunch of it.

Its done in a way that you dont have to binge anything…

I understand that’s what people like about the change although even the 500k/750k/whatever grind at the end will bug some people. I expect to see whining threads about just that when people hit the higher ranks.

I already know I’ll be binging the next season though, I’m taking a break now so I can do just that. I enjoy binging with fresh releases and the like a lot and there are plenty of ways to do that in Classic WoW despite it not looking like it.

2 Likes

People will whine about most anything except this time their complaints will be unfounded whereas one could air some legitimate grievances and criticism towards the original Vanilla ranking system.

2 Likes

They will. I could see complaining about both the set honor cap and premades.

In all honesty, I could understand some of the gripes before but I found those old threads really engaging. This forum is ok as it is but when I got to the Wrath one it’s like a wall of boring topics.

1 Like

If you’re in the middle of ranking in WoW Classic Era, you may want to take that timeframe into account before continuing. If you’re about to start ranking a character, you may not have enough time to hit Rank 14 before the patch arrives and your progress is lost…

For example, if you were 90% into Rank 12 on August 15, there’s a high chance you will not be 90% into Rank 12 when you log in on August 22. You may have decayed down to 0% of rank 12 (or close to it).

The maximum amount of CP a player may lose due to decay is 2500 [the same as the old system]. Even if you didn’t PvP at all that week, why would you go from 90% to 0%? I’m confused can anyone explain?

Probably just covering their butts in case there are issues going from one system to the next.

When you miss 1 week of PvP at the higher ranks, you should lose exactly half of a rank. 90% into rank 12 → 40% into rank 12.

Sales 101. Underpromise, over-deliver. Better to tell people to expect to end up at 0% and then they will be pleasantly surprised when they log in and see they’re 40% through rank 12. Do it the other way around (tell them to expect 40%, and then they log in and see 0%) and now you have a bunch of angry customers on your hands!

4 Likes

Thank you. I agree it sounds like they are hedging. When I was rank 11 and 2nd in standing on my server not only did I not progress I actually decayed because of lack of participation. So this is a good thing If you don’t want to constantly server transfer. It has nothing to do with server population but faction participation. You can be on a 99% Horde PvP active dominated server and you would decay in rank at bracket 13 if only 2 active Alliance members are participating.

During work hours on a weekday suddenly transfers opened allowing only Alliance to transfer off my server and close again shortly after. So really they say “…you may not have enough time…” you could not have ever known that anyway.

1 Like

“Their Mafia” lol.

Just play more than they do

They don’t have a Mafia you’re just lazy

1 Like

Wait, shouldn’t our current rating be set to our lifetime high if you aren’t going to reset? I just ate 4 weeks of decay because you told us that our rating was getting reset.

1 Like

When I read honor reset I thought start over.

This patch will completely reset all current honor system ranking progress on all Classic Era realms when it’s released.

• If you’re about to start ranking a character, you may not have enough time to hit Rank 14 before the patch arrives and your progress is lost.

Something that should be so simple to communicate [when they actually do] leave us with more questions than answers. You and I aren’t the only ones confused brother.

1 Like

Same. It’s actually some top tier trolling on blizzard’s part to change their mind a few days before the final ranking calculation. I don’t actually need any of the r13-14 gear but many people do. I bet there’s a ton of people who ate that 1 month of decay (soon to be 6 weeks) and don’t even know about blizzard’s flip flop yet lol.

4 Likes

I decayed so much… avoiding ranking because of all this… Oh well, guess it’ll be time to grind on the 22nd >:)

2 Likes

I just wanted to say that I feel for those of you who stopped ranking because of what Blizzard said.

This is a case of people who pay attention and prepare and who then get punished for it. While I am happy for those this helped, that’s pretty backward.

2 Likes

Really really stupidly obvious things like this, are how you can tell that no one working at the company actually plays the game they work on consistently.

Like not having the basic decency or foresight to understand the potential issue with the way they’ve worded their posts smacks of incompetence.

Now, the obvious solution to this (and what the company should have been both doing and saying from the get go) is as such:

They know what your highest achieved rank on any given character is. This is a given fact because everyone migrating into TBC realms would gets those titles back. So that data has to already exist somewhere on your vanilla account.

That SHOULD be the rank they just “reset” you to once this patch launches.

Why in the world they are making this any more complicated than that is beyond me. It doesn’t need to be complicated at all.

5 Likes

This Deathbounty guy “just play more than they do”. Bruh, most of us are 30+ with jobs, careers, responsibilities. We play on our free time, or make time to play. I wake up at 4 or 5am most days to get ready for work.

Idk how I would feel about myself or the situation I would be in if I just stayed home and played wow all day…

IF rank 14 isnt obtainable by causally playing then it needs to be re worked again.
I don’t care if it takes 14 weeks casually playing but it needs to be obtainable for working class people who DO NOT WANT TO PVE

I know this guy and he just likes to mess around on the forums. He also came back because of this update to rank again.

Agrimar was being hostile and deserved that response.

Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Gj not quoting the rest where I said it could take a very long time as long as its obtainable.

I would say by AQ 20 when all the pve people start murdering everyone that don’t raid.