Classic easier than retail?

Classic : (new player takes)

• so I have landed on a starting zone and okay there is this ability and what does the next ability do and why doesn’t the game teach me what any other button does

• has way more buttons

• way more stats to look at and it will be more confusing

• no quest tracker on the maps and it will make it even harder to locate and to find the objectives

• talent tree is more confusing than retail

• no automatic group finder I guess I am not doing dungeons then

• I have to find people to do certain quest? Then I won’t be playing then

• I have to talk to someone to get things done well I thought I can play solo I guess I can quit classic

• what no adventure guide? I guess i have to do extra work to find out what this boss does

• what no accountwide progress

• okay I have spend resources for my class abilities well I guess I have to micro manage

Retail : (new player takes)

• starting intro that teaches you the basic rules nice

• a starter dungeon that will teach you about mechanics and that I need to move or stop casting when told

• easier to read talent trees and not complicated as classic

• have adventure guide that will tell new player what that boss does

• in retail there is a dungeon finder compared to classic it doesn’t

• lesser abilities to worry about compare to classic where they have loads of abilities to read and how to manage

• stats much more streamlined and less complicated to read

• followers dungeons? Oh, I can solo with AI nice

• quest marker on the map makes lives easier compared to classic where you have to find the objectives yourselves

• oh hey warband is accountwide everything (almost everything)

• visuals in fight is clearer than say in classic

• visuals on character and environment more up to date and modern looking

• retail more equipped with quality of life features versus classic where they don’t have any.

• earn abilities automatically no need for spending resources

My conclusion to this is retail is far more equipped for new players than say classic.

9 Likes

Maybe, also classic is mind numbingly boring.

26 Likes

Subjective question.

4 Likes

I would say that retail is far more equipped for brand new players and it doesn’t completely waste all of your time in the way classic does.

14 Likes

I stopped reading when you said classic talent trees were harder to understand.

9 Likes

Tedious is the word I use.

12 Likes

In general, Classic involves more learning, skill, and commitment than retail.

2 Likes

mans got jokes

14 Likes

When people say easy they are talking about difficulty of mechanics in group content, not how confusing the game is at a glance to a new player.

Classic raid bosses have less mechanics happening than a single trash pull in a retail dungeon. At least the earlier expansion versions of Classic. As they keep moving classic to new expansions that obviously changes.

6 Likes

Lol classic end game is far easier.

4 Likes

More like delusions.

3 Likes

Considering looking at the bullet points OP listed, it’s no joke. End game might be different, but getting to that point? It’s tougher in classic. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a mage use sheep, rogue sap, lock fear. Why are y’all only aiming at end game? Did an addon tell you to only focus on that?

4 Likes

I’ve played this game since 2004, end game has always been the name of the game

leveling has always been “easy”, it just used to take a lot of time

2 Likes

Agree to disagree.

Hard disagree, I think Classic is waaay easier. Even if you have a lot of abilities you won’t be using most of them. Boss encounters are not overdesigned. The progression paths are straightforward. What order you do things in is obvious.

3 Likes

There nothing to disagree on. It’s an absolute fact that retail is a harder game than classic is.

Classic is where even bad players can succeed because the game is that easy.

6 Likes

Retail also has giant, super quick rotations that are hard to understand and exhausting to keep up with. Vanilla didn’t have that problem.

It’s really a matter of which style of gameplay you prefer. But I wouldn’t call Retail easier across the board, especially when we talk about the chaotic and difficult end game.

2 Likes

Classic is flat out easier

Leveling just takes long, thats about it

An entire raid has as many mechanics as a modern heroic dungeon trash pack

3 Likes

I would say leveling is more than just longer, it’s harder. I die far more often leveling in classic than I do in retail. Dying in retail is like a strange shock because it never happens. In classic if you aren’t completely aware of your surroundings and pull an extra enemy or two, it’s all over.

Mobs are a complete joke in retail, there isn’t any difficulty in them at all.

2 Likes

Classic easier than retail?

always has been

3 Likes