Classic Content Plan

Nope. He was leashed long before 1.12.

He’s Asmonrawr now. Some guildies died laughing.

For the rest, I only arrived after WoD dropped and only did antorus and some emerald nightmare when legion was current. (Aside from farming old raids with max level toons.) I had a blast on the stress test. The old variations of zones and quests were new to me as well as the way skils and ammo and stuff worked. I may or may not acquire the skills to raid in this less pampered version of things, but feels good playing a Warcraft game that plays like an RPG.

Videos still up on youtube if you need to see them again. Guildies and I watched them just tonight while connecting and disconnecting. :slight_smile:
Kazzak in Stormwind:

Some dragon I forget in Orgrimmar:

Bonuses:
Metal Gear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMzZRASuQKc
Soap commercial with 10x the views of the others combined:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjEK7qQKRDY
(Nothing bad or controversial in any of them.)

i hope you gona do like oldschool runescape or the old school dofus serveur and do exclusive content for classic , and make update . plz dont broke it like the live version

lets see more of this and keep it updated along the way

Dear Blizzard,

As someone who has been playing WoW since it has originally come out, I would like to remind you that you said you wanted an authentic experience. Now from your own developers regarding classic they have stated that there would only be minor quality of life changes (i.e. chat, or simple UI changes) which were going to be added to the game. When it comes to something like Alterac Valley you have to understand that some people did not always raid & do dungeons, and many people played for the long epic (Conquest like battles). You can’t have an authentic experience in Classic ever if you do not listen to the community. Many people might not remember how the game used to be, but I hope that I am speaking for most PvP’ers in the sense that if you do not take care of the PvP’ers the game will be worth playing for most. You don’t promise us a cake, and give us dirt & I sure do not want to wait a year and a half for you to announce that you are going to make an authentic AV either. @blizzard please take the time to respond to posts like this one, or the one attached as this can be detrimental to the success of your game even.

This is one portion of the game, but you need to create classic for the whole community & not just part of it. If anyone else agrees with the above or the below forum post, please do not let this go without a fight. It isn’t a demand, this is just harping on what was promised/expected from the development team. I also want to thank the Development team for bringing this back for us all, but let’s get this right the first time & you will have the longevity that you are hoping for. Other games have been successful with doing so, and you can too. Thank you for your time. If anyone would like to take a look, the AV post below is what made me write this.

3 Likes

Well said.

Maybe we’ll get the corrupted blood outbreak again. :joy:

3 Likes

I played in vanilla and we had the best Challenge x Reward ever, the game was really exciting, but lets agree that the graphics was terrible compared with the nowdays technology. Let’s join the best of the two worlds pls. I was about to drop my subscribe from wow when you raised the idea of classic wow. Even without playing i kept that to help with the lauching.

I like this plan overall, but I’m confused about one point. Why is Zul’ Gurub getting released so late? It was designed as a way to ease people and guilds from 5 man dungeons to 40 man raids. It was a lot of fun and it would make sense for it to be available for people to do before Molten Core.

It came later timeline wise.

Mechanically it would severely diminish the challenge of a bunch of raids having access to the gear from it earlier than scheduled.

I don’t remember it being that, I remember it being another source of loot on a seperate reset on par to slightly better than MC gear to speed up gearing. It’s released in the same slot/time frame it originally came out releasing it early just makes MC less relevant

1 Like

ZG was designed for a catch up opportunity. Releasing it earlier would severely hurt the experience of 40 man raiding.

You know, this has been a long awaited announcement from blizzard that most if not all veteran players have been wanting. Regardless of the purest out there and the next gen folks whatever blizzard decides to give us will be a most welcomed addition to the blizzard gaming community. So for the purest folks if someone wants to have an add-on that helps them form groups for raids and dungeons let them have it as long as the actual LFG and LFR tab from the retail version doesn’t make its way into classic you should be happy. No one is forcing you to download that add-on. And sharding purest please, blizzard is just wanting to make so everyone can play right at launch not wait in a que for 45 mins just to log in and wait another 45 mins just to create a character. Sure it may take away from the “pure classic feel” but I have an idea of how you can recreate that how about when you launch the game you type in your info and set a timer for say 30 mins then press enter then repeat this process when you get to the character creation screen :slight_smile: is that classic enough for you. Back on sharding sure it takes away from the whole “server are now open quick try and kill stuff…oh poop someone tagged that mob…dang that one too…man this sucks I can’t kill anything…(this goes on for an hour with slight progression being made ) then finally you get to turn in your quest and oh look the next set of mobs you need is guess what being camped for other players who recently turned in the quests) I’m sure there are some out there who want to do nothing more than sit in the starting zone for hours and wait for their mobs to spawn only to have a few ganked from them at the last moment…sounds fun woooo…NOT. Not to mention blizzard has already stated (not sure where possibly at the blizzard con announcement or on a Q&A session) that sharding won’t be around forever just until the mass majority of players get out of the starting areas and more spread out over the continent. To me blizzard is bending over backwards in attempts to get older players back into the game they loved. So instead of complaining about a few minor details be happy with the fact we are getting Classic in less than 9 days. I for one day thank you blizzard for being awesome and reimagining and recapturing my childhood memories of this game. I look forward to what you all do next. And given the success of this client we may even see more “classic “ versions to f our favorite expansions to come the future has infinitely many possibilities

2 Likes

Welcome to the classic side of things where survivability and resource management was what it took to be a decent player

1 Like

This is why some of the whinners don’t like it, because given enough time, other players besides those in little cliques can be good too.

2 Likes

I agree with this whole heartily. I believe blizzard is correct in their line of thinking by phase 2 atleast 30% of the populations will drop due to the whiners leaving and what a glorious day it will be.

4 Likes

Is there a forum where we can talk about new content for wow classic? I know a lot of people think it can’t be done but I would love to see good things added to the classic experience, such as new dances, name plate templates, achievements, MOBA style battle ground (15vs15), a lv60 cap TBC but with no flying mounts, also new maps and raids and that kind of thing. I plan to finish all the classic content within a couple of years so it would be good to see something new added to the game to give it a edge but not change the game mechanics like talents, spell and ability’s.

1 Like

Nah dude. I plan on playing at work and at home. I’m here to be the very best, like no one ever was!
Don’t make the rest of us wait because you’re not as passionate about the game as we are, you dirty carebear!

As I read these messages, what seems to be missing is the type of original WoW player I have always been, an explorer and story fanatic with zero interest in PvP or even in most dungeons. Will the Classic system in text chat again “translate” posts from the opposing faction into unreadable exotic language? Will there be books to collect? Will players sympathize with the workers who built the Stomwind cathedral but never got paid? In other words, are there any “players” left for whom WoW is a virtual world with marvelous lore rather than a competitive game?

4 Likes