Classic Content Plan

1. i wonder if gm’s would roam the realms once again…
  2. i wonder if blizz will “accidentally” put items ingame then remove the items to make things rare / unique. maybe rewrite history, or add a part 2 to that history…
  3. i wonder if “the scarab lord event” will return
  4. i wonder if blizzard is going to do something to prevent gold farmers from spamming chat with gold for sale.
  5. i wonder if multiboxing is gonna be allowed.
  6. i wonder if this means the trading cards will come back.

Of course it will. However, you won’t get the title, as that wasn’t added until TBC. You’ll just have the shiny black mount and your reputation.

Blizzard’s bot detection systems are far more advanced than 2006. And we’re using the new client so every single one of those protections is included. All the botting for gold and the spamming chat with links will be stopped.

It is.

… that’s a stretch.

In Vanilla, the AQ event was timed by quild progression, if it didn’t happen within some time frame, say six months, Blizzard triggered it anyway, so guilds holding things up will have it happen anyway.

Before my time but I read that the Thorium Point FP made the Key To Searing Gorge redundant but the quest stayed for many years

Just a question, how would dungeon caps work for classic WoW.

Would it be the pre 1.3 version where all dungeons have a “cap” of 40 people?

Would it be the 1.3 version where all dungeons have a cap of 10 (excluding Dire Maul, which is 5 and Blackrock Spire which is 15)

Would it be the 1.10 version where BRS became 10 and BRD, Stratholme and Scholo became 5.

Or would it be that all dungeons cap at 5 players with BRS capping at 10 from day 1. Or will it work as I have listed above but it changes with the content phasing system? (So 1.3 changes is phase 2, while the 1.10 changes would be phase 5)?

System is at 1.12.

Therefore all caps will be 5 except for Blackrock Spire which is 10.

1 Like

Only Dire Maul, Strath, Scholo and Blackrock depths had caps at 5 players when 1.12 happened. BRS was 10, same with the other dungeons

I’m trying to find the patch reference. My 15 years ago memory had all dungeons being switched to 5 man at the same time that BRS became 10, but I can’t find any reference to them being shortened.

Its patch 1.10 where they were lowered to 5 from 10 which hapoened in the 1.3 patch.

In order to preserve the challenge of these dungeons, they have had their instance caps lowered. Stratholme, Scholomance, and Blackrock Depths now allow a maximum of five players inside, and Blackrock Spire allows a maximum of ten.

This happened in 1.10.

Dungeon Player Caps

All dungeons now have a cap on group size to limit the number of players that may enter the dungeon. It was necessary to add this cap as raiding these dungeons trivialized much of the content. Because of this change we can now look to adding better loot to them during future content patches.

With that in mind, the dungeons below now have the following caps:

• Onyxia/Molten Core - 40 members
  • Blackrock Spire - 15 members
  • Diremaul - 5 members

All other dungeons in the game will be capped at 10 members.Several dungeons will be re-examined for balancing in light of this change. In addition, will have their loot improved significatnly for the next content patch.

This happened in 1.3

What I can’t find is when Wailing Caverns for example, was capped at 5.

1 Like

Release content on the same schedule it was originally released! I’m so pumped for classic! Can’t wait!

If you have 1000g long enough before DM for this to be an issue for you you’ll be doing pretty well. Well enough to buy both as you’ll have figured out some gold making magic!

ZG gear was a catch up mechanic. The intent is you walk into MC wearing pre-bis blues from 5 mans and UBRS. Not gear that is nearly on par with the gear that drops. You must be one of the toxic gearscore/ilvl crowd playing retail demanding 415 ilvl minimum entry requirements for Heroic raids that drop 400 ilvl gear!
ZG gear is there to gear a newly dinged player in quest greens for BWL without having to run MC for 3 months!

need moar updates moar news so thirsty from all the salt in retail plz mr bloo poster gib more

‘rolls eyes’

Yep, I must be!

What a tool.

I can’t tell if you’re being purposely dishonest, or if you just didn’t actually play vanilla.

In any case, everything you said is historically inaccurate. You are demonstrably wrong.

Catch up gear wasn’t even part of the ethos, or the design directive until WotLK. Catch up gear is only necessary when the direction is to keep the majority of the community on the most recent and relevant content in an effort to make the world “feel alive”.

This whole concept was put into motion specifically to address the issues of 1-5% of the community ever actually seeing or participating in any sort of relevant end game content. The issues that were present in BC and Vanilla.

This fiction you’re trying to spin is just that… fiction. People were not skipping MC and going straight into BWL with ZG gear. It wasn’t happening. MC gear had both a combination of fire/shadow resist, as well as +dmg/heals etc. The +dmg/healing etc was necessary to contribute to the fights before an enrage timer was hit, the resist gear helped to reduce the incoming damage from various bosses, which puts less stress on healers, so they can spend more time healing tanks. MC and it’s rewards were not something you just SKIPPED, unless you were being carried.

Additionally people were not skipping 5 man content and heading straight into ZG with greens. (another lie) Even though it was added after MC, some people still struggled on certain bosses. Performance mattered, coordination mattered. Hakkar was not something you just face rolled for free lootz.

Additionally, as mentioned in my previous post, WoW had some (still does actually) significant itemization issues. Sometimes it took FOREVER to get a specific drop, assuming it dropped at all. So let’s say your guild has MC on farm. But you can’t get a decent shoulder upgrade to save your life, your guild is already pushing the first few bosses in BWL, but you’re still running around with 5 man shoulders. ZG offered an opportunity to smooth that transition. Primarily BECAUSE itemization was so crappy and the jumps in available rewards were so choppy.

1 Like

I can attest to the terrible itemization and not face rolling content in vanilla. I only saw my T2 pants for my priest when we farmed MC for giggles years later. Some items we never got loot rights if we even saw it drop. No one rolled trough anything with out resist gear the proper chants and + heals/dps. Vanilla was about working together a group. Not hopping from guild to guild and pushing mythic.

Makes me happy, too <3

I’d be fine with a Phase 7 of “New Classic” content.
If the game is not progressing past Classic, I see plenty of areas that were never finished in Classic which could be developed in a “Classic Style”.

• Azshara Crater - Would love to see this battleground finished and made Classic exclusive.
  • Deadwind Pass - Lots of space for some interesting quests in this otherwise empty zone.
  • Faction updates - Ravenholdt questline up to exalted could use a questline, perhaps give Rogues something akin to the Hunters and Priests Epic quests.
    (If you’re going to update factions, maybe add a little something for the Desolace Centaurs as well)

After establishing Classic WoW as a worthy version of the game as it was, I think there is an opportunity to refine it into the game that the original Devs wanted it to be.

2 Likes

Okay. this is all great and all but what about after all those phases are done? are they going to release the other expansions but keep the same classic format? or are they not going to bring in completely new things different from the current BFA content

We’ve got at least two years till that happens, so there’s time to discuss it still.

2 Likes