Classic Content Plan

You do know that you don’t need to be subscribed to post on the Classic forums or the Support forums. If you are not gonna play retail, why waste the money, (unless you want to post on the other forums). :slight_smile:

It’s possible they won’t,

“One example of the many items we’re planning for is: Titanic Leggings, which is a world drop that first appeared in 1.10. We can confirm that it will be controlled by the same content unlock that restricts the other 1.10 loot changes.”

But itemiaztion scares me as well.

HYPED! Thanks for the update Ladies and Gentlemen of Blizz!

1 Like

Amazing!!!

100% behind this.

Yes. July 16.

Thank you for the update.

This makes me so happy!

Kaivax,

Since you are making these adjustments for player power move in a more classic like curve and not have loot & content trivialize other content by being there early providing power gains that were not available…is the team considering making talent tree changes happen in a similar fashion instead of using 1.12.1 talents? I know previously it was stated we would be on 1.12 talents, and itemization and such, but now that parts of power are being adjusted to make it more Classic like, would it not be better to adjust talents in similar chunks. IE All talent changes up to 1.2.x would launch with the game. then phase 2 gets all talent changes for 1.3 and 1.4 etc etc. Just curious if you guys are considering that as a path?

2 Likes

I’m watching youtube videos of people reacting to this and there’s such universal positivity. I hope the devs know how happy they’re making the players. Maybe after Classic is released they can move them over to run Current WoW, because these guys rock.

12 Likes

Love it!!!

Thank you.

Have there been any discussions about how to keep progression after a new phase has opened up? For example, at some point it’ll be easy to run alts through AQ to gear up quickly. I’d like to see progression barriers since Classic will be around forever. I would rather not see Naxxcraft.

1 Like

Very happy to hear this blue post. This slows us down and gives us more content in effect by not allowing us to skip to better gear and make raids easier. It is also closer to how things were which is very important to me and to call it classic.

3 Likes

Playing with my tonka tanks gotta wait a whole other phase :(:disappointed_relieved:

BUUUUT, does give me more time to save mats for tickets :blush:

This is music to my ears!

But we need them for the progression into BC and Wrath

2 Likes

Thanks for listening to the community and really trying to make Classic a good experience.

1 Like

No, not necessarily longer release horizon. In theory, content releases should be closer together than they would have been with only 4 stages.

Kinda missing the point, my dude.

World of Warcraft should, ideally, be a game that has content from 2004-2019. The vertical expansion model, however, means that whenever a new xpac comes out all the previous content gets invalidated. As a result, Retail is a game with content from 2018-2019 and largely a standalone experience.

I know you guys are still deciding things about PvP, but is there a chance to have weekly ranking at the website like it used to be? It was something that I really enjoyed back there. Keeping up with rank on weekly base made PvP a lot more interesting.

Uh no this is definitely wrong. Ragnaros was available at launch. Patch 1.4 increased the time before he’d despawn for the week after summoning to 2 hours (up from one hour).

2 Likes