Classic but with retail models?

I’m still enjoying retail, the only thing I really have to complain about it is the community in general and the fact that the renown are not account-bound… Something I think I remember them saying they would do haha.

But sometimes I get the call of nostalgia and I want to make a new toon on a classic server just to play super casually… Unfortunately I have become spoiled by the retail versions of the characters… If they’re going to keep pumping out classics, and if they’re going to introduce new things to the classic servers (like them adding a m+ system for wotlk classic), why can’t they add the better looking models?

I don’t know just how much work that would entail… But they have the code already, right?

Anyways, I think it would be cool at least.

1 Like

One of the many things that turned me off from retail was when they took away the option to use the old models.

Don’t get me wrong, I think some of them are upgrades and look fine but the revamped undead models were…lets just say I wasnt a fan. To each his own though.

As far as Classic goes though I think there may be some limitations due to the animations and accompanying effects as the models in retail work in concert with all the flashy particle effects for most abilities.

11 Likes

classic models for classic versions

18 Likes

I generally prefer the retail model updates, including the vast customizations they added. That said, you will always get some push back from some players that prefer the old models.

1 Like

I don’t want to see the word ‘retail’ in this forum.

8 Likes

I get that some may like the retail aesthetic but it is actually one of the PRIMARY reasons I can’t play that game.

The models are more detailed but there is just ZERO artistic style to it. It just seems very generic and plain reminding me of mobile games.

If the models were forced into classic I would 100% quite.

HOWEVER, if they made an option to use them, it really wouldn’t affect us, but realize it would not match the world art at all and look very out of place.

2 Likes

yes, it triggers me :expressionless:

Tauren female model is ruined in retail.
Classic model is the better looking.
IF Blizzard allowed use of the retail models they need to allow us to elect to NOT use them as well.

hot garbage. I agree.

Retail models are atrocious. The running animations are absolutely horrible.

11 Likes

Yeah they were/are terribad. All my mogs looked like trash afterwards (and they even screwed that up as I was missing pieces I had already obtained) and it became one of the 238 reasons I quit retail.

3 Likes

I actually like the retail models and would personally like all the new cosmetic features to be options you can choose from in a new som.

That being said, I can understand why some would pref older graphics.

If only that toggle worked as intended :confused:

Current models were not in Classic so personally they would look out of place to me but to each their own I guess.

1 Like

they would look so bad that a toggle is not even worth doing
this is a classic case of “you think you do but you don’t”

No no no no. Extra no’s because of 10 character requirement

Make it an option to use HD models, but keep customization options locked to what was authentic at the time, and I’m game.

We’ve already got modern graphical options for draw distance, ground covering, and water, why not add models to it?

1 Like

as long as there is option for both, its a win win for everyone.

The new models running style looks ridiculous. They all look goofy aswell. Classic models only in classic.

2 Likes

Gross, no. Retail models are a large part of why I don’t play retail. They ruined the characters and animations.