Classic Beta is up on the Blizzard CDN

I assume it is because historically, a typical beta for a Blizzard game lasts 4+ months.

4 months from now puts us at late August.

These sources lately. Who is it this time? Lemme guess, it’s the guy on a scaffold cleaning windows at Bliz HQ, doing some fancy shmancy lip reading.

1 Like

So obviously, the OP is probably trolling, or there would be a source who knew about it; it’d be on mmo-champ or wowhead or something.

However, I’m going to take a second and explain what ‘on the CDN’ means, and how it’s different from ‘PTR is up’ anyway.

A thing being on the CDN basically means that Blizzard has uploaded it to be ready to deliver. This does not mean that players have access to it or that it’s ready to be released to players. It just means that someone uploaded it and left it set to private.

A PTR being up would suggest that players have access to it. For example, the 8.2 PTR is up. If I wanted to, I could download and play it through the bnet app.

1 Like

Better to wait 4 months and have a smooth game experience, than release it now without a beta… and filled with bugs, game crashes and incomplete content.

Blizzard has a reputation for quality to maintain. Having a beta is an important part of their process.

1 Like

Who or what is MrGM and why should I care what they say?

6 Likes

I see. In other words, spit-balling.

If you just google blizzard cdn a mirror is the first thing that comes up and one of the things listed in it is wow clasic beta, but no version number.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t blizzard add a classic wow tab to the battle.net launcher LONG before the game releases? Like they do with every other game?

It’s true. Not a troll.

https://bnet.marlam.in/

1 Like

Edit: whoops, that’s from Blizzcon, never mind

Oooo 1.13 that’s cool

1.13.0.28377 is from blizzcon?

If we’re looking at the same thing, that’s for wow classic and has been listed there since 2018.

The wow classic beta entry is what’s new and I don’t see a version number for it on the page.

1 Like

Aw, dang. Fooled.

But there is a slot for classic beta so thats good news

1 Like

Beta is here boys. Time to beg blizzard for an invite over influencers

1 Like

Yup, look at the History tab

Merely confirmation there will be a beta, and nothing else. Don’t take this post out of proportion. But given there will be a beta it really removes early summer from consideration for release.

2 Likes

bamboozled all of you

Don’t you tease me lol, i’m anxious for a beta.

Hopefully your not zone locked like it was in the demo.