Classic Beta Invites

Is there still classic beta invites going out? My account goes all the way back to vanilla, and I don’t get an invite. Yet every streamer got one , that’s not really fair.

8 Likes

Invites are done: They’re satisfied with the playerbase they currently have.

And I’m sure many streamers have not received one either, not to mention other prominent players, both from Vanilla and modern day.

Do you work for blizzard? How do you know ?

They stated that they re currently “close” to the numbers they need but that they will re-examine needs from time to time.

Once they increase the level cap, they will likely add another wave or two. This way they spread out the players… some just starting to level testing any fixes they put it, and others pushing the level cap.

What they don’t want is to have their beta reports flooded with the same reports over and over making it unmanageable.

That said, they will keep beta fairly small overall. It think they have a pretty high level of confidence in the work they’ve done already.

It is very unlikely that any random person will get invited. est chance is the stress tests.

1 Like

Because a Blue said it? It was stickied for a good while.

We’re not likely to see new invites anytime soon, if at all.

2 Likes

become a popular streamer and you’ll get an auto invite

I thought this was a joke thread… until you stopped your post short and i realized no… you are 100% serious.

You’re a nobody. Sorry. You were part of the lotto and lost.

The steamers getting in is a myth … Not all streamers do. Methodjosh hasn’t gotten one. And I’d say he’s one of the bigger wow streamers.

Josh was banned before so he’s on the list

Blizzard should’ve never let people stream it in the first place. I feel like they should’ve known better. It really feels bad that popular people get a automatic invite. It’s like blizzard doesn’t care about the average gamer anymore.

Man… it’s crazy how some people interpret English:

we have met our current population needs for testing. We’ll regularly reevaluate the need for additional invites as we go through the testing process.

Clear as a bell. CURRENT population needs have been met. They will re-evaluate the need for more players as the BETA progresses. When they increase level cap, they will LIKELY add more people. They will have current players pushing the cap, wile the new people start leveling fresh.

That said… anyone’ best chances are the stress test invites.

1 Like

They’re not going to take away beta access to those who have it, and the ones who do are probably going to be playing the beta until it releases.

If the current needs are met, I don’t see it changing anytime soon, but hey, go ahead and use it as a means to launch a subtle personal attack.

People are making too much out of this streamer stuff. Compared to the actual testers, streamers make up an insignificant part of the beta population. Blizzard needs them to peddle Classic to tourists.

That being said, this is a beta, it’s not early access or a trial. They don’t need hundreds of beta servers. Millions of people have accounts created in 04/05 that did not get in.

Sodapoppin has been banned before, and he is in beta.

3 Likes

if you come to the forum to moan about not getting into beta, and then moan even more about streamers, you aren’t mature enough to be in beta.

sounds like kids not getting the toys they want.

6 Likes

or he’s expecting some loyalty from a company that he has given his money to for years despite them royally screwing up the game

4 Likes

Exactly, I’ve been a wow subscriber since vanilla and have been throwing my money at them. This beta should’ve been bigger in my opinion, like the bfa beta.

5 Likes

The special treatment for streamers is blizzard stepping into the wrong direction. The whole beta needed to be random with no handouts whatsoever.

2 Likes

I’m also an 04 account afflicted by severe beta thirst. What’s interesting though is that a lot of streamers are advocating for more players in the beta. Here’s hoping we all get in soon or August comes quicker!

2 Likes

Turn Classic into PTR, make it open to anyone with an active sub

1 Like