>>CLASSIC<< Best-Smith

I’m choosing which blacksmithing specialization to take and wanted to hear from fellow smithies on the matter. Not here to start a fight! You can disregard other comments…

I just want to hear YOUR opinion, my fellow smith. Which smith, is “best-smith”. And why?

If you want to know more about my preferences before you make a recommendation:
-I’m a filthy casual
-Will probably never raid (certainly not regularly)
-Love to PvP
-Love crafting and actually collecting the mats from the world, not just grabbing stuff off AH.
-I enjoy the AH game, but realistically I will probably never own raid drop recipe and won’t be hyper aggressive there.
-Love trying out interesting itemizations for weird builds.

EVERY ANSWER AND OPINION IS SUPER VALUED!
Thank you for your thoughts :slight_smile:

1 Like

My blacksmith back when was weaponsmith (and in fact axesmith) because I wanted to make my own arcanite reaper.

1 Like

I’m leaning towards Sword smithing. Has a diverse type of weapons to select from. Some for tanking, some for PvP. And seems like i will be able to sell weapons on the AH to a diverse set of buyers…

Any thoughts?

If I recall, the reason for the specializations was a crafted BoP item(s), the original profession perks of the game. A weapon, especially for a warrior in vanilla is usually a significant increase in dps, so that would likely be the best choice. Axe, mace, or sword however, really is up to you.

Also, make sure the swords you are considering selling can actually be sold on the AH (i.e. not bind on pick-up) and maybe scout the mats costs versus what they sell for on the AH first.

1 Like

Good points! Majority of the Sword Smith recipes appear to be BoE, except for Corruption - the B.F.G. of the set.