CLASSIC: 1h + Shield to Dual Wield macro- Help

It’s simple to macro weapon swaps from a 2h weapon > 1h weapon / shield.
Equipping a 2h replaces your 1h, and equipping a 1h replaces your 2h; automatically allowing space for your shield.

What’s not simple, is equipping two 1h in each slot while already wearing a shield because the shield overrides the second 1h weapon.

I do not mind using an addon for Classic WoW to help with this issue, as long as it works as intended.

1 Like

/equipslot 16 “Weapon 1”
/equipslot 17 J"Weapon 2"

I am assuming you mean this.
Slot 17 is for Shield/Weapon 2 btw.

28 Likes

Hope you get it working.

Don’t DW Fury until 60. You’re going to miss a lot.

Don’t DW Fury until 60. You’re going to miss a lot.

Even at 60 you will miss a lot. Fury really isn’t viable until at least late MC early BWL, and it’s not better than arms until late BWL to AQ40.

I kill stuff faster DW vs 2h. and when i say faster i mean 50 to 60% faster.

No idea why but i hardly miss. i can not solo 2 mobs at the same time of equal level while 2h but with DW i can. im only level 25 but killing speed is 50% faster with DW vs 2h.

4 Likes

I dual wield two 1.6 daggers. Find it more fun than watching 3.5s swing timers.

Watching an enemy with 2% hp kill me waiting on the 3.5s swing timer only to be parried etc is painful. Best to be stabbing away :p.

5 Likes

By the way I found that sometimes I will need to Press the Macro for swapping weapon/shield twice in order to put the correct weapon in its slot. I realized that if I just put the /equipslot 17 (shield) line before the /equipslot 16 (weapon) line, it solved this problem.

3 Likes

this macro worked for me until a couple of days ago and I can’t get it to work:

/equip Jagged Star of the Bear
/equip Battlesmasher of the Bear

I can confirm this works:

/equipslot 16 Jagged Star of the Bear
/equipslot 17 Battlesmasher of the Bear

Thanks for the tip, Caind.

5 Likes

Even then not until 60 and 8% hit rating added from items.

Have you found a fix? It seems macro logic is breaking for some people and not others. I had weapon swap macros that were working until a few days ago.

Here is what I use:

#show Attack
/equipslot [noequipped:Shield] 16 Quel’Serrar
/equipslot [noequipped:Shield] 17 Draconian Deflector
/equipslot 16 Quel’Serrar
/equipslot 17 Mirah’s Song

10 Likes

/equipslot [noequipped:Shield] 17 Gold-plated Buckler
/equipslot 17 Cruel Barb

You don’t need to swap mh

7 Likes

is there any way to add using a shield ability like shield block before it swaps back to the offhand weapon?

I had a macro but ive noticed it swaps back to my offhand right after using the ability

Was trying to figure out how to make macro worked for instances where you have same weapon in MH and OH and got it figured out.

2 macros, one swaps 2h or Sword and Board and the second swaps between DW and Sword and Board. Replace weapons and shields with the ones you use

/eq [noworn:two-hand] Brain Hacker; Serathil
/eq [worn:two-hand] Skullflame Shield
/equipslot [equipped:Shield] 17 Serathil
/equipslot [noequipped:Shield] 17 Skullflame Shield
/equipslot 16 Serathil
2 Likes

Bruh been looking for this everywhere across multiple sites with vague answers … This is simple and clean i love you

This alone solved my problem in hardcore, thank you. Worth a necro bump.