[Classes] Support specs

So one of the things I think surprised people at Blizzcon was no mention of future support specs. Introducing Augmentation Evoker was sort of a pandora’s box to the game and a bold move which I think was overall the right choice because after 19 years changing it up is a good thing. There could have been better (and faster) tuning with augmentation but I think it is a net benefit to the game.

Now with no mention of future support classes it does raise the concern augmentation is too unique. I think more support specs should be added since the box is already opened and I want to know what other people think should or should not be added.

What I would like to see:

Demon Hunter - Adherent (Support): Buffing others with an emphasis on sigils to do so and inspiring others to fight alongside them. Not the most strongest fantasy but I feel demon hunter should have at least one more spec.

Mage - Thaumaturgy (Support): A support spec with more emphasis on the utility of the arcane. Things like conjuration, barriers, illusions and empowering others weapons with fire, frost or raw arcane.

Monk - Cranedancer (Support): Four celestials, four specs. The red crane and jade serpent have always awkward shared the one spec with crane being more melee focused. I think it splitting off and becoming its own support spec with buffing allies with inspiration and hope would make it stand out.

Shaman - Earthwarden (Tank): Not a support spec but this feels overdue to me. The reason shamans can have shields was they were originally thought they would be tanking. Since augmentation evoker already buffs others with earth magic I think shaman using the vacant role of an earth-themed tank would fit well.

1 Like

I feel like they should properly balance Augmentation and learn from it before they start adding in more Support speccs.

3 Likes