Class Tuning Incoming with 10.0.7 -- March 21

Thank god, affliction was almost viable for a second there.

God forbid aff be playable for a season without getting whacked.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure Aff isn’t actually as bad as their community perception is. It’s just a spec that has to hyper-specialize in ST or AOE, but if it does it is quite strong at the one it picked.

3 Likes

The other changes weren’t live. They just reduced buffs that haven’t hit live yet. It’s still a buff.

2 Likes

Can Arcane get some love please? We’ve fallen from the top to the very bottom since this expansion began.

1 Like
1 Like

Go demo go!

THIS x100
I always had an issue with how blizzard “balances” classes, aka gutting specs that perform better than others and are actually fun. Nothing wrong with doing minor tweaks weekly til things balance out, but to constantly rework specs and change meta is tiresome. I don’t have the time I used to years ago, so for better or worse I can only stick with this character. Can’t be bothered to level an army of alts anymore.

ROFL! What a comment!!! lolololol

All it takes is a quick review of my Achvs to realize I’ve been a Warrior since Day1. (granted the Achv system only tracks back to early LK, but the fact I have max Hydraxian on the day Achvs went live… you can fill in the blanks)

I don’t think even I would advocate that a person pick a class and never change … I just happen to be one of those people that actually do play other classes, and just keep coming back to my Warrior.

You and another mentioned “the meta being influential” … that’s just not true. Or rather-- it’s only true in the minds of the community.

The meta IS profoundly important in RWF. And even early Mythic Raiding-- hmmm even middle Mythic Raiding. And certainly (in this season) pushing +27-type Keys.

I agree with that. That’s an accurate statement. Are you then prepared to admit that applies to (almost literally) about 1000 people??

It’s simply not a worthy discussion when it comes to the OVERALL game and choosing a character to play.

It’s like the people who keep trying to gear up … because they stand in fire all the time. “If I just had more health, I wouldn’t die.” You’re not doing it right.

Same thing with classes. The fact you’re not Meta … isn’t why you/your guild don’t have AOTC, or haven’t killed the first 3 bosses on Mythic. EVERY class can time +20s. The part of the game that actually is restricted to Meta’s … is dismissible.

I wish Metas weren’t a thing. But it’s a discussion that could be tabled for now to focus on bigger problems WoW has.

Wait, they’re boosting locks? Yikes, Random BGs just got funner.

I knew this was going to happen, too. I switch mains every expansion just because I like multiple things, and last expansion I played Arcane. My friends were all, “oh you’re not gonna play Arcane now that it actually is good”… and now look what happened lol, fell off a cliff now that other classes and specs have been fixed up.

And then they get mad when you’re not also playing meta… but then say nothing when you smash them on performance playing something non-meta. It’s almost like meta’s not a substitution for skill.

They don’t even know why things become meta most of the time, they just blindly follow it.

It plays into Blizzards plans to keep us constantly switching toons to keep up. ALTS ALTS ALTS that’s the game they play.

100% this. Aff is still looking super strong as is Demo and Destro on certain fights. The two target cleave fight is looking solid for destro as well. Good tier to be a lock IMO

Its just like every sub forum on the forums. Its mostly filled with the sub par players complaining because its a lack of skill and not the class. Its just easier to blame the class.

1 Like

Except this contradicts what blizzard has been doing this xpac which is buffing under performing specs and adjusting the over performing ones.

1 Like

Aff is going from really strong to strong in 10.0.7. Confirmed dead spec, Blizz hates warlocks, etc…

What’s funny is, that change up there isn’t even live yet, so Aff is going to be improved, just not as much!

My point is this, its a never ending seesaw back and forth game to keep people switching mains. I level a lot of alts and I see this every time. Currently there are boat loads of Pally tanks levelling.

Yeah, that’s the sort of class balance whining I’d expect from hunters.

Although they are even more extreme, spec goes from best ST in game, to still best ST in game, and they whine.

Well your point is bad and incorrect.

No one is forcing you to do this and since you are posting on an alt I am going to say you are full of it.

I am a CE raider that mains ONE SPEC. You are not forced or encouraged to constantly reroll. You did that to yourself.

More of GD coming to the forums to baselessly whine. Affliction will be more than fine in 10.0.7.

I see you have a habit of being wrong…and that’s ok, it provides and opportunity each day to be better.

1 Like

Post on your LFR grey parsing main then. Until then you are just a bad troll.