Class Tuning Incoming -- March 28

Yeah I keep forgetting Ret needs to continue to be the F tier PvP spec in the game and the top killed PvP spec.

3 Likes

I was just getting used to not playing against rogues every game. I can see them warming their hot pockets now….

1 Like

They literally nerfed us as well.

Agreed. and in M+ aoe is more important which BM is still not very good at, not to mention it needs a 100% single target build to be good at ST, or a 100% AOE build and even then its doesnt stand out that much. So in short: BM is not in a good state, but Blizzard, in its infinite wisdom (maybe i actually meant ignorance) decided that BM needs to be even weaker…

You keep forgetting that for the same reason that you play ret paladin

It really feels like they just want everyone to roll melee this season. 1/4 of the mechanics to deal with, press a swifty macro, smash meters.

Not to mention they can’t seem to figure out what they want to do with most caster talent trees, other than introducing a bunch of bugs every other week.

3 Likes

Imagine if anyone on your team cared about hunter feedback as much as you do every other class.

14 Likes

Warlock nerfs aren’t actually extremely relevant. Whether damage scales forward or back in minor shifts isn’t going to address any issues the class has competing.

Keep in mind the damage is still significantly higher than it was pre 10.0.7, even with these changes.

1 Like

I actually stopped playing Ret for the longest time. Spent all of SL as prot because Ret wasn’t fun.

1 Like

“What?..You guys don’t have paladins?”

1 Like

Sure, sure

1 Like

That’s fine if you don’t believe me. It was just easier and better to survive as prot especially when going through the Maw.

1 Like

Surely you have the best intentions.

2 Likes

Boo :-1::-1::-1:

MM hunter needs MUCH higher base leech and mitigation. Their damage doesn’t matter when they die this easily.

13 Likes

Lone Wolf for MM is okay but Grimoire of Sacrifice for any warlock spec is not? Why?

Make up your minds. You just buffed Darkglare, now you’re nerfing it. Getting a ton of mixed signals here. Also, you’re not even letting the dust settle on bug fixes before just doing a nerf across the board to the spec? This feels very knee-jerk and it’s unfortunate because I was excited about playing affliction again, only to realize it’s going back on the shelf after all as the bug fixes combined with these nerfs make it complete garbage for m+.

First you say our single target damage profile is weak…then you do this which nerfs both our AOE and our Single Target damage without any single target buffs as compensation. Who are you targeting here? Demo was already sub-par in m+ once you get to +20 and higher. In raids it had the inverse issue destro has: the fights work well with demo’s CDs and overall toolkit.

It feels like no one on your class balancing team even plays the game and only looks at data analytics with no real context.

27 Likes

agree with all of this

also i like having 3 specs to play not 1

1 Like

I’m playing Survival Hunter in Korea.
I posted on the US forum to express my frustration because Korean Blizzard does not reflect any feedback from Korean gamers.

“Is Blizzard playing Survival Hunter themselves?”
Does Blizzard play Survival Hunter themselves and deliberately lower its performance?

Survival Hunter has no advantage other than single-target damage, and even that is not outstanding compared to other classes.
Therefore, Survival Hunter is being ignored in both raid and M+ dungeon content.
Especially in Korea, where there are very few players who play Survival Hunter, it is being ignored even more.

Is there any raid boss where Survival Hunter does higher DPS than other DPS classes, except for Terros?
There are no such exceptions except for very rare cases.

How about in M+ dungeons?
Without Coordinated Assault, Survival Hunter cannot even keep up with other DPS classes, and even with Coordinated Assault,
their DPS is comparable or lower than other classes. Now they cannot even fulfill their role of attacking bosses with Mongoose Bite in dungeons.

Due to this recent nerf, Survival Hunter has become the worst DPS class that cannot excel in both AoE and single-target situations.

I persevered with playing Survival Hunter despite its poor performance and low rating in Dragonflight, but the news of this nerf is disheartening.
With the decrease in Mongoose Bite damage, what has Survival Hunter gained? Nothing.
As a result of this nerf, Survival Hunter will become a neglected and abandoned class that no one will want to play.

10 Likes

Will this be applied via hotfix or server restarts (coldfix)?

1 Like

Why would you go through all the trouble to nerf the bow then literally nerf us to make us weaker than if you just left things how they were. We were in a good spot already so why even mess with it. Now you created more problems when all this was supposed to be tested before release of the patch. You guys are single handedly messing this game up by making unnecessary changes that heavily impact the balance of the game. We need devs who can make logical and competent decisions not just have a i think this will work kind of attitude.

23 Likes

I’m playing Survival Hunter in Korea.
I posted on the US forum to express my frustration because Korean Blizzard does not reflect any feedback from Korean gamers.

“Is Blizzard playing Survival Hunter themselves?”

Survival Hunter has no advantage other than single-target damage, and even that is not outstanding compared to other classes.
Therefore, Survival Hunter is being ignored in both raid and M+ dungeon content.
Especially in Korea, where there are very few players who play Survival Hunter, it is being ignored even more.

Is there any raid boss where Survival Hunter does higher DPS than other DPS classes, except for Terros?
There are no such exceptions except for very rare cases.

“How about in M+ dungeons?
Without Coordinated Assault, Survival Hunter cannot even keep up with other DPS classes, and even with Coordinated Assault,
their DPS is comparable or lower than other classes. Now they cannot even fulfill their role of attacking bosses with Mongoose Bite in dungeons.”

Due to this recent nerf, Survival Hunter has become the worst DPS class that cannot excel in both AoE and single-target situations.

I persevered with playing Survival Hunter despite its poor performance and low rating in Dragonflight, but the news of this nerf is disheartening.
With the decrease in Mongoose Bite damage, what has Survival Hunter gained? Nothing.
As a result of this nerf, Survival Hunter will become a neglected and abandoned class that no one will want to play.

8 Likes