Class Tuning Incoming -- March 28

bro theres 97 parses lmfao

u picked terros out of every boss and there’s literally 97 survival hunter parses

warcraftlogs com/zone/statistics/31/#difficulty=4

Sorry 5am here… Havent been to sleep yet…

Survival Hunter is easy AF to play. Learning curve is minimal. Its output sucks on anything aside from ST.

If you are looking at 95% standing, then OK, but they also share heroic and M+ stats based on actual warcraft logs, logs uploaded from actual fight results. These reflect SV Hunter as awful, aside from ST situations like Terros, where being wet paper bag for DR is ok.

im not gonna look at heroic parses man.

the bosses die in 2 minutes

even with that being said, there’s still only 4k survival parses lol

look where arcane is LMFAO

you’re proving our points about overall data being absolutely useless

I see players in my guild rock Surv and its mind boggling how much damage they do in raid and m+… So IDK… I personally dont play it. If I want to mele and have a pet I just stay on my DK… Otherwise then I hop on my BM hunter.

Well MAN, that is what the majority of players do… Most of the people here playing dont do mythic. Like 1out 50 will ever see CE. Half of that will only do the first 2-4 bosses. So Mythic raiding progression is not what the average player should be worried about. In mythic, you got more mechanics and more adds to kill.

I mean again, you’re just proving this whole threads point that looking at overall is going to be very skewed because people ONLY play survival on fights like Terros.

It’s the same thing with demo. Our “overall” data is based off of eranog, broodkeeper, and raz, because those are the ONLY relevant fights for demo, and people play other specs for the other bosses in between.

If you’re looking at heroic data - and you see arcane mage at the top, why do you think it’s there? Kill times. Because nobody in their right mind is playing arcane right now, and if overall data reflected that, it would NOT be top 3

Again, 4k parses for heroic arcane, 9k for heroic survival vs the 20k that other specs have

3 Likes

To be honest, my fear is they are basing these nerfs off bad logs/useless DPS rankings on Wowhead. etc. that includes beneficial increase due to the sloth of bugs in some classes, falsely inflating results.

Not looking for reversal, just a better understanding on why? what data was considered, etc. Were the bugs removed before the data used was considered? Etc.

I just want to have fun, and get equal opportunity, not shutout bcz of the class I play. This DOES happen frequently when people are selecting their comps on 15+. I cant blame them, they want to succeed, and a squishy nerfed hunter isn’t appealing, warranted or just in perception, no fun either way.

Hope that makes more sence.

3 Likes

I look in vain for mage tuning.

Disappointed once again.

It’s also great to see these much needed ret pally nerfs in PVP.

Yea completely fair.

And if anything, from past experience. Ion is likely looking at spreadsheets in his office and hiding instead of talking to actual people that play the game.

1 Like

you realize data in a spreadsheet is a far better analysis than subjective opinions of one off players, right?

you must at some level understand this incredibly BASIC and RUDIMENTARY understanding of how data works…surely you can’t be this naive to think that talking to “actual people” will yield a more accurate result than data-driven decision making…

smh

Kinda hoping for the MS deal to go thru - in hopes we can see some changes. Love the game, but very disheartening how awful the customer experience is valued currently.

Data AND customer experience should be used TOGETHER.

But, yes, that seems to be their mentality, eff the CX, hail the data without contextual input.

1 Like

well, because there is an unfortunate merit to that mindset…

just this cesspool of a forum is a good indicator as to why “listening to the communities feedback” isn’t always the right/best move…

people have differing opinions and seldom do you arrive at a consensus…

data on the other hand is unbiased…it is impartial…it doesn’t care about how IT feels but rather shows you what you need to know…

could you arrive to faulty conclusions strictly on data? absolutely…

is there a higher probability of making BAD decisions by listening to a vocal minority (like in this sub) with conflicting needs/wants? … absolutely…

So they wait almost all season to realize the bow is a make or break for hunters, nerf the bow and compensate so maybe all hunters can play the game as intended, then immediately take it away? So basically just made the bow worthless for no reason. Awesome.

6 Likes

God forbid they take 30s to either say a follow-up on our concerns will be released shortly. or simply communicate with a little detail to help us understand where they are coming from.

I dont play Frost DK at all…but still can’t understand their nerfs in any way i try to wrap my head around it. Seems like a RNG nerf.

So, your godly ‘spreadsheets’ must explain the mage tuning, and why it’s fine. Problem solved.

Yet, like many of us, you keep coming back looking for answers, as it makes no sense to you.

Help us ‘understand why’ is what most are looking for, as are you, just another class(mage). Yet you trivialize our similar concern that is failing to make sense to us.

Frustration due to the lack of response, etc is only fueling this dumpster fire. A line or two by the mods/devs to help understand would go a long way.

2 Likes

It is worse than that. The 418 raz bow is still 1k dps over the 418 crafted bow. The 431 bow is 3.3k dps higher. They are balancing us all around the few people that do have the 431.

4 Likes

This is a bandaid fix. You’re going to have to buff Mongoose Bite again in season 2. The season 1 tier bonuses are propping it up.

4 Likes

Yeah I hate when they nerf anything because of pvp. Don’t do it, haven’t done it since wrath.

So all I see is “you’ll kill mobs 10% slower because your spec was ‘too good’ at an aspect of the game that doesn’t matter to you and which you’ll never enjoy.”

2 Likes

Blizzard: “Lets add a trinket to the dungeons that will give SV hunters a ton of Mongoose Bite dmg. Uh oh! Too much. Time to nerf!”

Like for real, just nerf the mastery buff from the puzzle box by 33% and extend the duration by 50%. Instead, I’m bursting like 130k on bosses and it’s triggering Blizzard’s radar.