Class Tuning Incoming - March 12

What do they need? Because affliction is doing pretty well atm

1 Like

seems about right for a reply from you

The range should definitely be changed to match other casters. The idea of a mid range healer is stupid. There’s no class fantasy there. It was a bad design decision that they’re doubling down on.

However…… the lack of preservation has a lot to do with augmentation and how polarizing Dracthyr look. Aug basically killed the other two specs when it was released. And a large portion of the player base hates Dracthyr form. The range is a big problem but there are a lot of reasons preservation is non-existent in M+.

1 Like

Lol So DH is literally the only one who got slapped. We’ll still continue slapping you!

yeah i have a pally, dk and warrior tank ngl ive mained my dk more often this season than warrior

Just faced 3 DH in one RSS match. This SHOULN’T be possible Blizzard. Why??? Why am I fighting 3 of the same stupid busted spec in one RSS??? If people want to hop on the fotm spec… they should have to wait in line.

The DH nerfs are trash and Blizzard continues to be clueless. That it took months to make any changes is ridiculous. PLAY YOUR GAME. What needs to change becomes painfully obvious. These 1% or 2% nerfs will do nothing when you have a spec that has a defensive CD up for every go.

4 Likes

General reply to the fighting in the comments about how harshly to critic Blizzard:

I don’t think they care one way or another about your feedback-- I don’t think they care at all. lol

Decent changes.
But if you need to buff spells by 300% (Scorch) or even 800% (Living Bomb) just for them to be viable, maybe that is a very clear sign that their base damage is undertuned?
Please in War Within take a look at base damage of all abilities that have 200% and more damage increase modifiers in PVP (for all classes).

2 Likes

Players seem to cry really hard if Blizz changed the meta a decent ways into the season.

It’s lose/lose no matter what so these posts are just for entertainment.

1 Like

I agree, can’t make everyone happy. All power is relative and moving pegs up and down affects everyone, but then why do it? Why put forth the effort to make a change that changes nothing? When there are so many things starving for dev attention, putting something like this out seems like a waste.

Like, we got this kind of money now? I know if I had a bunch of broke stuff around my house, I wouldn’t be painting the walls from off white to egg shell.

1 Like

While in general this looks to be a PvP focused adjustment, which is fine because it sounds like PvP balance is in worse shape than PvE, these two changes are just so curious.

Not rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, rearranging the coasters on the tables next to the deck chairs.

Honestly, the current tier for Ele would be fine if they changed LMT to a 20s CD that spread FS to 5-6 targets instead of 3.

That wouldn’t solve all of Ele’s problems, but their ability to AOE in any effective way would work ok with that.

Not that it will happen…

i mean not like the forums is a oasis of good feedback. especially when 90% of it is just “WAAH WAAAH MY SPEC ISNT OP WAAAH BUFF x BY 100000% SO IT CAN BEGIN BEING USEFUL”

2 Likes

PVP Adjustments specific to allow for better repsentation in awc and high end pvp for the spec. While its fun seeing destro be represented it would be cool to see afflcition for a change.
So what ever they need to do to make the spec play well enough for it see highend play time would be great.

I know at the level I have accomplished in sholo suffle which is not much at 1800+
Some kind of melee deterent to not always just be the focus of every one would be great.

I think Affy could use a little love to bring it in line with the other Warlock specs. At the minimum, a second spell school would be a good start. I’m personally a fan of making Drain Life a nature spell, but beggars can’t be choosers. With this stupidly high damage uptime melee have on Warlocks right now, having 1 spell school just feels so bad. Having multiple spell schools is a large reason why the other Warlock specs are more successful.

1043 Warlocks currently above 2200 in Solo Shuffle. 143 of those are Affy.
476 Warlocks currently above 2400 in Solo Shuffle. 74 of those are Affy.

Looking at the bigger picture, there really is a problem with melee uptime on Warlocks in general that needs to be addressed. Melee have way too many gap closers, on way shorter CDs, compared to the single use port Locks have.

2 Likes

Guys a Community Council Member has acknowledged our cause to see more than just occasional sub par Class Tuning be done for PvP. I encourage anyone reading this link even if you don’t personally like or care about PvP, to please visit this CC Forum post and show your support.

If you’re a Community Council Member reading this please support his post even if PvP isn’t your main focus the community has too few advocates and needs your help to finally after years and years have some of these issues addressed.

Afflictions issues in pvp are too easy to have dots removed. Destro and demo will see higher play because w access to more spell schools.

Affliction is also a rot spec and that’s not been meta since BFA. Most people don’t want 20 minute games.

Warlocks will always be a melee target.

Awesome I appreciate you highlighting the issues and giving feedback on affliction.

Dot dispel damage and what can remove it without penalty needs to be addressed then. Good feeback im sure they can iterate and tune UA dispel damage.

I agree having one spell school is an issue and needs to be address. Good feedback!
Put drain life and soul rot back on nature school.

Agreed rot hasent been wanted or really possible in current or previous metas.
So then it sounds like an opportunity to iterate and tune the pvp talents / burst spells they have given affliction to counter the rot design would be an awesome way to increase repsentation and make it more for modern arena.

I feel like fixing the spell school and dispel/dispel damage issues would do allot to bringing aff closer to the representation and playability of the other 2 specs in high end content. And make it feel closser to what demo and destro feel like while being the main target.

I appreciate you pointing out its issues and giving feedback on aff in pvp.

2 Likes

It’s not too late to add buffs for affliction.

2 Likes

Add doesn’t need damage buffs outside of maybe some st tuning.