Class Tuning Incoming - March 12

While in general this looks to be a PvP focused adjustment, which is fine because it sounds like PvP balance is in worse shape than PvE, these two changes are just so curious.

Not rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, rearranging the coasters on the tables next to the deck chairs.

Honestly, the current tier for Ele would be fine if they changed LMT to a 20s CD that spread FS to 5-6 targets instead of 3.

That wouldn’t solve all of Ele’s problems, but their ability to AOE in any effective way would work ok with that.

Not that it will happen…

i mean not like the forums is a oasis of good feedback. especially when 90% of it is just “WAAH WAAAH MY SPEC ISNT OP WAAAH BUFF x BY 100000% SO IT CAN BEGIN BEING USEFUL”

2 Likes

PVP Adjustments specific to allow for better repsentation in awc and high end pvp for the spec. While its fun seeing destro be represented it would be cool to see afflcition for a change.
So what ever they need to do to make the spec play well enough for it see highend play time would be great.

I know at the level I have accomplished in sholo suffle which is not much at 1800+
Some kind of melee deterent to not always just be the focus of every one would be great.

I think Affy could use a little love to bring it in line with the other Warlock specs. At the minimum, a second spell school would be a good start. I’m personally a fan of making Drain Life a nature spell, but beggars can’t be choosers. With this stupidly high damage uptime melee have on Warlocks right now, having 1 spell school just feels so bad. Having multiple spell schools is a large reason why the other Warlock specs are more successful.

1043 Warlocks currently above 2200 in Solo Shuffle. 143 of those are Affy.
476 Warlocks currently above 2400 in Solo Shuffle. 74 of those are Affy.

Looking at the bigger picture, there really is a problem with melee uptime on Warlocks in general that needs to be addressed. Melee have way too many gap closers, on way shorter CDs, compared to the single use port Locks have.

2 Likes

Guys a Community Council Member has acknowledged our cause to see more than just occasional sub par Class Tuning be done for PvP. I encourage anyone reading this link even if you don’t personally like or care about PvP, to please visit this CC Forum post and show your support.

If you’re a Community Council Member reading this please support his post even if PvP isn’t your main focus the community has too few advocates and needs your help to finally after years and years have some of these issues addressed.

Afflictions issues in pvp are too easy to have dots removed. Destro and demo will see higher play because w access to more spell schools.

Affliction is also a rot spec and that’s not been meta since BFA. Most people don’t want 20 minute games.

Warlocks will always be a melee target.

Awesome I appreciate you highlighting the issues and giving feedback on affliction.

Dot dispel damage and what can remove it without penalty needs to be addressed then. Good feeback im sure they can iterate and tune UA dispel damage.

I agree having one spell school is an issue and needs to be address. Good feedback!
Put drain life and soul rot back on nature school.

Agreed rot hasent been wanted or really possible in current or previous metas.
So then it sounds like an opportunity to iterate and tune the pvp talents / burst spells they have given affliction to counter the rot design would be an awesome way to increase repsentation and make it more for modern arena.

I feel like fixing the spell school and dispel/dispel damage issues would do allot to bringing aff closer to the representation and playability of the other 2 specs in high end content. And make it feel closser to what demo and destro feel like while being the main target.

I appreciate you pointing out its issues and giving feedback on aff in pvp.

2 Likes

It’s not too late to add buffs for affliction.

2 Likes

Add doesn’t need damage buffs outside of maybe some st tuning.

f this game

This would lower the margin of difference between “good” and “not so good” ele’s for sure.

The issue I have with some classes is - on some classes, the margin of being “good” and “not so good” barely exists. Ret is a perfect example. Then you have some classes where playing it properly is literally takes nearly a college degree, and if you don’t, you’re just 40% below.

If you look at parse numbers (number of classes playing a class/spec) - it’s clear what the players prefer. They want an easy class. It is what it is. Ele isn’t easy right now.

some real tuning for you guys to see.

All hybrid healing is absurd even post nerf. I think Druids are pretty egregious violators alongside Ret too. It’s certainly not as bad as it once was… but I don’t think DPs should be able to heal more than 2-3 times max before they are OOM.

Sorry Blizzard is putting all their resources into making sure SoD is perfectly balanced for the 32 second encounters they do.

Also nerfing any spec for PvE this late into the season is absolutely ridiculous. It should only be buffs. There will be guilds still progging that will go into raid next reset with less healing and less DPS. What’s that about, man?

1 Like

Wrong DH WW monk SV hunter rogue ench shammy can’t use or get the legendary axe. Play the game first before you complain

The Frenzied Regen nerf revert is much appreciated. They must have watched AWC and seen how awful Cassidy’s Frenzied Regen healing was (literally non-existent) and finally decided to get around to it.

So now you have to take Well-Honed Instincts, probably even 2/2 for certain now that Frenzied Regen is meaningful. May even push Ursine Vigor a bit to being more needed as Feral with the health % based healing for Frenzied Regen

The Wild Attunement “bug fix” is a 50/50 for me. On one hand, I could use it on an immune target while nobody was paying attention to me and get the proc. On the other hand, it makes it even easier now to waste Cyclone casting effort.

Why attempt to downplay an argument by picking apart a tiny afterthought I had at the end? It’s like the entire point of what I said went straight over your head because you could pick apart how many classes can wield the legendary.

That being said, “every” was used in the sense that they’re handing them out to Rets, DKs, and Warriors like candy. Which, make up 3 of the top 4 represented melee above 2200+ in solo shuffle. Regardless, you could exclude my whole last sentence if you wish and the point I was making would still stand.

Genuine question, because I am not a mage player. But, iir, doesnt GS use up the icicles which are a stored % of Frostbolt, Ice lance, and Flurry damage? So if they’re getting buffed, wouldn’t that in turn buff GS?