Class Tuning Incoming – January 24

It’s just that I’m surprised to see that Prevokers can do so much healing and dps…
I remember that a friend of mine did more than 300k in the first AA big pull, with that something is wrong xD

Hi welcome to the WoW forums

5 Likes

Depends on what you are doing content wise. These buffs essentially are a 12% ish DPS increase across the board for the most popular build (Since our rotation is identical in both AoE and ST). It will make us competitive in single target now… still a bit lacking in sustained aoe, but better, and honestly a bit OP in burst aoe. I think this is great life support to keep the spec viable, but they need to still look into the following issues (burst playstyle, 5 target sustained aoe cap, tier set performance, and MASSIVE lack of utility compared to other classes). They will likely need to nerf our burst soon as it will be worse now and then start buffing those other aspects.

In a real note … no buff to Whirlwind Damage is kind of a joke. It is among the most casted abilities for Fury in aoe and loses to trinkets or enchant procs in dmg. I get that they are mainly targeting Single Target dmg and in the short term, this band aid is great, but we still need some things tweaked.

1 Like

5 HP Avenging Crusader and this nerf pretty much guts Paladins… The burst in this game is way to high to always have 5 HP when you need it and we won’t be casting Holy Lights, ever…

Paladins need almost 100% uptime on Wings because their toolkit is so dated it’s unreal.

The melee wings playstyle is “high risk - no reward” and this further hinders that playstyle. =/

You don’t get to cast in PvP… “more balanced healing breakdown” is just killing the spec.

Lifebloom and Riptide continue to passively be 40%+ of other healers’ healing…

It’s unreal how disconnected you guys seem to be with the Paladin Class this expansion.

5 Likes

i guess you didnt play the last half of systemlands where blood dks could basically solo +20s in time but we didnt bother doing anything at all about that.

I think it’s in bad faith to nerf a tank spec. There is not enough of them. We should be buffing the underperformers.

6 Likes

No hunter changes? Yikes.

12 Likes

So y’all didn’t listen to the other tanks one whit… instead of BUFFING THE OTHER TANKS you’ve nerfed the one good one. Congrats you’ve made tanking suck. /facepalm

This does nothing to fix VDH magic mitigation or the completely unnecessary nerf before the start of the M+ season.

7 Likes

Cant tell if serious

1 Like

Okay. But Blizzard is unwilling to do that.

Druid tanks are getting NERFED on Tuesday (Berserk), for god’s sake.

2 Likes

Nope and don’t feel i missed much. Getting far far away from that expansions designs sounds like a win to me.

Would love a fix for Rogues not being able to use some weapons for some moves for seemingly no reason. 1h sword in main hand, get a 1h dagger that is a large up and equip it…can’t use sinister strike. What the !

Oh snap…better reroll a different tank…

:rofl:

Don’t hate me.

Welcome to the GD forums, everyone here is a self styled expert in class balance xD

2 Likes

IDK, tier should always be a chase item. The buff to execute is technically a buff to tier, but all the math shows our tier is really rather lackluster compared to others. I am ok with nerfing things here or there to bring up the tier because it makes the game more FUN and interesting.

Don’t get me wrong, the changes they listed are HUGE and will keep us going if that is all we get, but seeing the fun things all the other specs get and comparing it just makes it a bit sad. Winning in charts is good, having a blast with the unique aspects or your class while being competitive is just better.

Yea it’s the biggest thing that makes Fury so fun/viable. Get in there and becoming a meat grinder. I feel like the talents for WW are on the cusp of making their AoE burst really good, but not enough to want to spec them.

Also these changes are a part of undoing several expansions worth of borrowed powers and stuff like that.

Nah you’ll still be god tier. I wouldn’t worry.

The nerfs are also minor. Prot Warrior will remain S-Tier by comparison to all other tanks.

Then someone needs to be fired. They desperately need new people in charge of classes because the current people are not good at their jobs.

7 Likes

They are more like omnipotence.