Class Tuning and PvP Adjustments Coming in 9.2.5

Windwalker is high skill and the average player isn’t going to notice a meta shift in keys.

pressing SPK is not high skill

Why does this apply to monks but not paladins :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t know the numbers in raid but perhaps paladins are performing better than windwalkers right now.

/bump

Because we want blue post to explain why classes are being left out of tuning passes when they clearly need them

5 Likes

In raids I guess it’s close - WW is super strong at one aspect (AOE) and super weak at another (ST), vs Ret is mediocre / below average at everything.

In mythic keystones it isn’t even remotely close, WW is near the top and Ret is down at the very bottom yet completely ignored in balance tuning passes

From what I’ve heard, Blizz doesn’t balance around mythic+ that much. Idk why considering it’s pretty popular content.

Maybe dragonflight will have good ret changes

I want to say you’re crazy and of course they balance around the most popular PVE activity… but yeah maybe you’re right that would explain why the m+ balance is so awful

They did say they didn’t want tanks holding threat with AoE. So whatever their vision is for Mythic+ it’s apparent that the playerbase and especially MDI’s haven’t been representing that. Seems like they’re changing their tune a bit with these threat buffs for tanks so it could possibly mean that specs will get AoE tuning in dragonflight

Why blizard hates dhs?
we just bufed one time in 9.1 our single target two skills in 10% and our aoe damage sucks.
our tier 4set it does not contribute anything, while other classes the set increases their dps or gives them benefits. ours set only reduces a cd from 4 min to 3:30, in raid boos fights usually i use meta 2 time with out set but with set o surprise still use meta two times(big utility). its a copy paste on legendary on legion the diference with legion reduce 1s every 30 fury spend now is 1 seg every 60 fury. (https://www.wowhead.com/item=144279/delusions-of-grandeur)
the main reason we are invited in keys is because we buff casters because all ppl thinks dhs sucks.

5 Likes

I could say WW are fine too, but they got like a 12% ST buff

WW should not have been buffed while their AOE remains so brokenly OP, and other classes with similar poor ST and AOE are left unchanged.

4 Likes

Yay Shadow got buffed tinyurl.com/mr367yaj

Arcane still needs more…

Mythic+ will always be like this because the entire system only cares about 1 damage profile (burst aoe).

If it’s not burst aoe it’s trash in mythic +.

Unlike raids which had varying important damage profiles for diversity

Balancing around this single damage profile, and for an infinite scaling system where are 36 specs are fine for WAY past where the rewards stop, is probably a level of homogenization Blizz is never going to want to do.

Making a core proc to Arcane dispellable defeats the purpose of Arcane. So much rests on Clearcasting like moving and extra missiles. So I don’t know why you guys are even considering breaking classes, especially with the new talent system coming in the next Expansion. I get this is “testing” things out but how do you really know what to do when you don’t even have enough data with the new talen system up. LMAO.

1 Like

So they actually didn’t do more tuning?

Blizzard, you’re incompetent. I hope you’re ashamed of yourselves.

3 Likes

Why is the Warrior/Monk/… buffs only in PVE, while the mage buffs is also in PVP. And where is the fire mage nerfs?

Mage supremacists on the dev team!

Still waiting on “more data” for raid heal balancing?

Guess its not obviously an issue until 100% of the top 500 performers across all difficulties are druids.

wrong…they were aoe and single target like every class in the game use to be before shadowlands crap feast came out

1 Like